Red alert 2 (origin) black screen network - network windows 10

martjojo1

Hi,

i got ra2 from origin for free today, and when i'd like to play multiplayer using gameranger, the game itself starts and i can get into the main ra2 screen.

I press network and i join the room made by the host, however, when i join this room, for a splitsecond i see the screen where you can choose your nation and color, but then it goes black and i only see my cursor.

How to resolve?

Windows 10

ra2 version 1.006

Or, is there another way to play online and if so.. what way?

PS.

i posted this same topic in the wrong forum as wel  :roll:

Welcome to the C&C Communications Center forum, main forum hub of the CnCNet online play system. Click that link, or the CnCNet logo in the upper left corner of any page here on the forum, to get started :cncsmirk:

As for your black screen issue, there's a graphics system patch called DDWrapper which is known to solve it... however, I'm fairly sure that the CnCNet installer for playing RA2/YR online includes a similar fix (called TS-DDraw), so if you install that it should all work out anyway  :engie:

Hi,

i got ra2 from origin for free today, and when i'd like to play multiplayer using gameranger, the game itself starts and i can get into the main ra2 screen.

I press network and i join the room made by the host, however, when i join this room, for a splitsecond i see the screen where you can choose your nation and color, but then it goes black and i only see my cursor.

How to resolve?

Windows 10

ra2 version 1.006

Or, is there another way to play online and if so.. what way?

PS.

i posted this same topic in the wrong forum as wel  :roll:

What nyer said, but here's the direct link - just download and play - http://cncnet.org/red-alert-2

Roughly 200+ online (Beats playing with yourself in the old network lobby :P )