Turret vs Med Tank

AchromicWhite

• 1 year later...

Old thread I know, but I think Turrets are a great support to your obelisk, and are the best way to slow down raids on your base from either side. Again Turrent against Recon Bike aren't as effective as tanks as they are pretty slow and miss their initial shots.

*On a side note, I have found when GDI and you are constantly being harassed by bikes, large numbers of grenades are great if there is no buggies or flame tanks around. If you have enough you can take out buggies too. They build super quick and you can have a formidable little army for like $1600 pretty quickly. A good way to catch the bikes off guard, especially if they are attacking something already. Once in range they can chew through light Armour vehicles and buildings for that matter.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Hub said:

Old thread I know, but I think Turrets are a great support to your obelisk, and are the best way to slow down raids on your base from either side. Again Turrent against Recon Bike aren't as effective as tanks as they are pretty slow and miss their initial shots.

*On a side note, I have found when GDI and you are constantly being harassed by bikes, large numbers of grenades are great if there is no buggies or flame tanks around. If you have enough you can take out buggies too. They build super quick and you can have a formidable little army for like $1600 pretty quickly. A good way to catch the bikes off guard, especially if they are attacking something already. Once in range they can chew through light Armour vehicles and buildings for that matter.

Yeah, Turrets are great for helping shut down raids, particularly vs buggies; as they can't burst the turrets down.

And yea, grens are like one of the best units in the game. They're not only fantastic defence, as they can be scattered around your base and produced quickly at multiple areas (if you build barracks around your base), but they're really good support for your tanks, to help keep bikes off of them. Really high DPS on grens, and if you scatter them, then they're quite hard to kill.