Problem with CCMap and other questions

Commander_Jack

3. I could transform my map with civilian buildings from temperate to desert theme and it worked, look at the picture.

So how can I place the buildings onto the desert map directly? I want some of the tiles in my desert map, but now i can't transform my map back to temperate only to place the buildings where i want them.

It only "worked" in the editor. It won't work ingame. You need to use the specific Desert civilian buildings. Any civilian buildings from the wrong theater will show up as invisible ingame.

Couldn't you just add the missing civilian buildings to the theater's mix or SC.mix with the right file extension? I was able to do this with RA1 and the left over TD desert civilian buildings. They had to be in theater mix or the would fail to load right after using Restart Mission or loading a mission from the in-mission load screen with RA1.

Yes the template blocked layer would be that with the information of units being able to pass, or am I wrong?

And yes, many things are try and error, so much playtesting is needed.

Yup. You can kind of reconstruct that information from tilesets.ini, since it mentions the primary and secondary terrain type for each tileset, the tile dimensions, and which cells use the secondary type :P

Nice to know that, so in Singleplayer, you could deny some buildings to be built if the mask is set correct? Or is that not possible?

Well, that mask it checks are just the prerequisites setting configured for each building and unit. It's just part of all the internal units/structures data. In my inis you'll see I just converted it back to a list of structures.

The game is known to play around with this, though; for example, in the Nod "recover stealth tech" mission, the prerequisite for the stealth tank is changed from the comm center to the tech center.

Couldn't you just add the missing civilian buildings to the theater's mix or SC.mix with the right file extension? I was able to do this with RA1 and the left over TD desert civilian buildings. They had to be in theater mix or the would fail to load right after using Restart Mission or loading a mission from the in-mission load screen with RA1.

They use a different colour palette. They'd need to be converted. I don't see any reason to do that though. Civilian buildings are made to fit the theater.

They use a different colour palette. They'd need to be converted. I don't see any reason to do that though. Civilian buildings are made to fit the theater.

Yes I know about TD and the colour palette. I know that the desert buildings do look odd on grass but maybe some one could make some new ones to replace the buildings when used on grass.

Hello it's me again (not Mario :))

I have finished this map and got an idea for another map, but there comes my next question. How do you make it possible to start on the same starting position every game?

I have read about that in the forum, but unfortunately it was for red alert 1. don't know if its also valid for TD.

I know that multi 1-6 is bound to the colours of the player, so multi 1 is gold. But how does it work in multiplayer?

I want to make prebuilt bases with no Construction Yard, but I want to give every player exact one base, but the problem are starting units like the ConYard or other troops starting in the enemy base.

Sry for that weird post, but I'm currently ill and my head doesn't work like usual :/