I want to Play on CNCNET but dont know how

ZiiP

Question

Hi, iam a XWIS player, have the ra2 installed but cant get online. Downloaded Yuri's Revenge CnCNet. When i install it all goes fine, but when it compeltes is says Tiberian Sun client doesn't work anymore. The i double click the CNC logo it starts to load (mouse animation) and then suddenly stops, and nothing happens.What is wrong ?

6 answers to this question

Hi, iam a XWIS player, have the ra2 installed but cant get online. Downloaded Yuri's Revenge CnCNet. When i install it all goes fine, but when it compeltes is says Tiberian Sun client doesn't work anymore. The i double click the CNC logo it starts to load (mouse animation) and then suddenly stops, and nothing happens.What is wrong ?

Hello,

Sorry to hear this. Could you upload client.log, cncnetclient.log files located in your RA2 directory. (Where CnCNet is installed).

Could you also tell us what operating system you are using?

Windows 7, it opens as admin and compability mode windows 98. Again loading mouse animation but nothing happens, if i open it in compability windows 7/xp sp 2 a messenge will appear Tiberium sun client doesnt work anymore.

Can't find any .log files.

Is the file cncnetclient.dat you are looking for ?

Windows 7, it opens as admin and compability mode windows 98. Again loading mouse animation but nothing happens, if i open it in compability windows 7/xp sp 2 a messenge will appear Tiberian Sun client doesnt work anymore.

Can't find any .log files.

It shouldn't need compatibility mode, so reset that back to normal.  What it will need is .NET framework 2, 3.5 and 4 installed. Do you have those?

Is the file cncnetclient.dat you are looking for ?

No it is a .log file, if you don't have those, then the client hasn't started at all.

installed .NET framework  3.5 but cant install 2,4. It says that it is for Vista ? i am the only one who is having problems joining the cncnet server ? :down: :down: :down:

If you can give me a link where i can download all the stuff i need to join CNCNET that would be great, otherwise i will just stick on xwis server.

installed .NET framework  3.5 but cant install 2,4. It says that it is for Vista ? i am the only one who is having problems joining the cncnet server ? :down: :down: :down:

If you can give me a link where i can download all the stuff i need to join CNCNET that would be great, otherwise i will just stick on xwis server.

No you need .NET 2 framework at least, that's probably why its not working. Google around to find out why that's happening.

The files require .NET - it's a pretty standard thing to have installed.