C&C Tiberian Dawn issue (can´t build sandbag to GDI)

Divatox

Sorry for the silly question, but i need a little help =/

Im put sandbags to be build for both teams, worked one time, but now only NOD had the sandbag, only appear in the NOD tab, not GDI anymore =/ (i used the TIBED) and this is from the settings.ini file created by the tibed:

[sBAG]

Unknown0=0

Unknown1=5254476

Unknown2=0

BuildingWidth=0

PowerDrain=0

PowerProduction=0

TiberiumStorage=0

Unknown7=0

Armour=2

Secondary=None

Primary=None

Owner=GDI,Nod,SpecialJP,Multi1,Multi2,Multi3,Multi4,Multi5,Multi6

Unknown12=0

Unknown13=0

BuildLevel=1

Cost=50

Sight=0

HitPoints=1

Unknown18=0

Factory=none

Unknown20=1

Unknown21=0

Buildable=yes

Repairable=no

FiresTwice=no

HasMovingTurret=no

TheaterSensitive=no

Invulnerable=no

Unknown28=1

Unknown29=1

Selectable=no

Unknown31=0

Unknown32=0

Unknown33=0

CanBeCaptured=no

CanBePrimary=no

WallSpecial=yes

HideTrueName=yes

HasBib=no

Unknown39=0

Unknown40=0

TechLevel=2

Unknown43=5180732

Unknown44=166

Unknown45=0

Unknown46=60

Unknown47=5457884

Unknown48=471

Yeah, that's my patch. As I said, tibed doesn't work on it.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do, though; sandbags have always been buildable by both sides. TibEd giving wrong values about it just means it's reading the data wrong, not that that changed in the game. I had to shift certain things around in that code to fix other issues, so the data is simply not where TibEd expects it to be. See, TibEd just reads the exe file to create its ini, but it doesn't actually read the structure of the game's data; it just expects everything to be at certain locations in the exe file. If these locations change, it reads the wrong bytes as if they're that expected data, and the whole editing system derails.

Currently there is no easy way of editing the game's internals. If you just want to look at the game's internals, though, I extracted all that data and converted it to ini format here. The game can't actually read those files though, with the exception of themes.ini, which I implemented as proof of concept ages ago.

Do note there are differences in build level between GDI and Nod which none of these data can tell you; the game applies a correction to the Nod build levels because the Nod campaign has 2 less missions. The correct way to do this would be to just set the applicable "Buildlevel" setting in the Nod missions to compensate for that, but instead they chose to always force the mission number as build level in campaign missions (I changed this with my patch) and add a messy bunch of internal extra checks to change the actual level numbers at which Nod can build stuff :huh:

I see =/, i just wanted to put sandbag to be builded in the first missions of both teams. One time did work, but for some reason now dont. (because i like to build a beautiful base, just for fun  XD XD)

In the primary missions i used sandbags and foward i use concreted wall, but oh well, i really want to thank you for the help, and sorry for any annoying question or post :(

That seems rather useless, since Nod can't build anything in mission 1 :P

On a more serious note, I think sandbags are only available around mission 5 or so. If you really want that, the logical way to go about it is to just extract the mission file from general.mix, open the .ini in notepad, and increase the BuildLevel setting to the point where you can build them. But then you can also build everything else from that level of course.

It is still possible to edit all that stuff in the game, of course... but then a rather more hands-on approach is needed, using a hex editor to open the exe file directly. I can look up the addresses to change in my disassembler if you want.