New Zero Hour maps not working?

Mabus

Hi guys,

The good news is that all other issues I've had with RA1 and C&C ZH have been resolved, except one: how to make new ZH maps work.

I've downloaded a bunch of new Zero Hour maps and extracted them into the ZH > Data > Maps folder. Apparently, the new maps are supposed to show up in the Unofficial Maps tab once you're selecting what map you want to play your opponent(s) against. Except, this tab is blank when I click on it and the maps are nowhere to be seen.

What am I missing here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

With the "ZH > Data > Maps folder", do you mean in the game install folder? Maps shouldn't be put in the game folder; they need to be put under My Documents, in a folder called "Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data", in subfolder "Maps". There's no "data" folder in between there; that's part of the ZH folder's name.

I found the Documents > ZH > Data < Maps folder and placed the new maps in there, but still no sign of them in the ZH maps (or Unofficial Maps) section. Are there any other steps required before they appear or is it simply a matter of them being in the folder? If so, something is amiss.

There's no "Data" folder in there... :dry:

Apologies, I meant to say the ZH Generals Zero Hour Data folder (located in My Documents). They're in there but still not showing. I'll download some different maps from another source and see if that makes any difference. In the meantime, back to the drawing board.

I've noticed that some of the maps are MAP files and others are STR files. There is also a WAK file. Interestingly they seem to be from the same uploader.

I take it all of the map files should be STR, but not sure why even those ones are not showing up in the Unofficial Maps section. The files are all in the right folder.