Issue: Entering the Lobby

MBa

Question

Hi, I'm new here and hopefully you can help me. As a Mac-OS-X user I've ported Yuri's Revenge version from xwis to play it and additionally installed your cncnet-launcher. When I try to enter your lobby I encounter following problem as shown in the screenshot below.

Looking forward hearing from you! Thx :)

Bildschirmfoto_2016-05-28_um_13_46_42.png.899f205358484652f4f86929a96ece9a.png

7 answers to this question

Hi, I'm new here and hopefully you can help me. As a Mac-OS-X user I've ported Yuri's Revenge version from xwis to play it and additionally installed your cncnet-launcher. When I try to enter your lobby I encounter following problem as shown in the screenshot below.

Looking forward hearing from you! Thx :)

Likely .NET framework 3.5 not installed on your wineskin?

You could also download the TS mac version https://cncnet.org/tiberian-sun, and copy in the contents of YR and try that.

Failing that also, I know Crossover works for sure. https://www.codeweavers.com/products

Thanks for your reply, I'll try that.

What about RA2? I couldn't install your ra2launcher? Is there even a launcher?

RA2 mode is within client. When you create a game, the option is there to enable Red Alert 2.

Hey Grant, I'm getting this same issue in both Wineskin and CrossOver.

Would it be worth uploading the cncnet.log as suggested in the error message?

I tried to follow your suggestion involving the TS version and copying over the YR stuff, but I couldn't get it to work unfortunately.

I installed the TS version and was able to get in to the lobby and even join games (even though I don't have TS). I then copied my already installed YR folder to the 'Games' Folder, along with the YR CnCNet installer. I then launched from the YR CnCNet .exe. After installing, the initial YR menu window loads, but when I click 'CnCNet', where I should be prompted to enter a nickname before joining the lobby, I get the error message attached.

Have I possibly done something wrong or does it seem like this approach is not viable?

Screen_Shot_2016-09-10_at_19_36_15.png.4bc1fa11ab7af1b242f5140b83cc4a48.png