ISSUE RESOLVED: Anti-Piracy kicks in, even with original serial number

Techno_Man

Question

I installed RA2 today, hyped as ever, until I'm stopped in my tracks by the anti-piracy "all units and buildings die" thing. I installed using the code straight from the back of the box my game came in, but the game thinks it's been pirated. Does anyone have any ideas on what's happening or how to fix it?

P.S.: I tried using Origin, but the game freezes every 5 minutes, causing me to lose precious work.

P.P.S.: I'm running Compatibility for Win XP SP3, as well as running as administrator. This is on Windows 8.

9 answers to this question

I'll try installing with the Allied Disk, maybe I'll get a different result.

No avail, everything still died when I tried to go to campaign.

Oh, so you have the disc version too? Try installing to a different folder, and run the setup program as administrator.

How did you bypass the SafeDisc protection that you seemed to have a problem with last year: https://forums.cncnet.org/index.php?topic=4887.0 ?

Windows systems prior to Windows 10 can specifically remove and disable the update that caused it (KB3086255), while Windows 10 users can put the appropriate DLL to system32 and make a few command prompt entries.

I'll try installing with the Allied Disk, maybe I'll get a different result.

No avail, everything still died when I tried to go to campaign.

How did you bypass the SafeDisc protection that you seemed to have a problem with last year: https://forums.cncnet.org/index.php?topic=4887.0 ?

I actually reset my computer to factory specifications so that it would start Windows 8.1.