other languages

Heidern

its actually possible to use the gruntmods with other language having the original CDs?

in my case I have the CDs purchased at the time and them were dubbed in my own language, including video ... how it would be possible to integrate my language in gruntmods?

its actually possible to use the gruntmods with other language having the original CDs?

in my case I have the CDs purchased at the time and them were dubbed in my own language, including video ... how it would be possible to integrate my language in gruntmods?

Gruntmods is shipped with multi-language support, you can switch the language via the config program. After you changed the language in the config program you can also copy your videos to the game folder and it should enable then. If I remember right you'll have to copy the videos into Data\Movies<yourlanguage> ( e.g. Data\MoviesGer\ )

regardless gruntmod not work for me (Windows 10 tells me that requires direct play and try to install it but get a fatal error)... but even if it worked, however, I confirm that the Italian people are cut off, the Italian language is the only one not available in the mod.

Ok now it works for me too (Windows Firewall was blocking the download of DirectPlay from the Windows Store (great work Microsoft geniuses, really great -_- ) but remains for me the problem of the completely ignored italian language in this community.

To try solve it,  I picked up the installation files of my original CD and I replaced the movies folder ... and it worked, the movies are now in my language.

Now I need to know what other files I must replace for the interface and the speech of the units in game... I tried to copy some files with extension R8 and R16, it worked for a while for in-game speech but then the game crashes ... instead, for the interface, I could not find anything.

If someone knows more ...

we tried to add support for your language too, but we didn't had the files. Maybe we can complete it now if you are willing to help out and share the files with us

Here is how it works, you should be able to complete it with this package as example:

http://downloads.cncnet.org/Games/Dune2000/MultiLanguage.zip

make sure you install the game in your language, then update it to 1.06 italian, afterwards take the needed files and put them into the .zip

the patch can be found here:

https://forum.dune2k.com/files/category/15-patches/

here is the 1.06 ita string table taken from the patch installer, the other files need to be taken from the cds:

https://googledrive.com/host/0B5by5H1Q2PxEVDYtM0tPTWMtRlU/textIta.uib

I can not post the zip, he says it is too large, but it doesn reach 6MB and forum says that the limit is 9

ok the error is that I can not post anything except in quick reply ... and to post attachement I can not do this way.

Her we are

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzkHencfTEx3Zl9MbkdBZ0ltcUU

meantime I will try to run grunt mod replacing these files

Very cool, thanks

Oh, don't replace these files! rename them just like the other language packs were done, then open dune2000config and chnage your language to ita

And make sure you use the text.uib i linked, do NOT use the one from the cd, it will probably make the game crash

I made some progress ... definitely the game starts, but only if I enable Video BackBuffer, in all other cases it crashes ... also the interface is decentralized and buttons are all moved towards the right-bottom corner.

I hope you have better luck, maybe i wait your including-Italian release  XD

I made some progress ... definitely the game starts, but only if I enable Video BackBuffer, in all other cases it crashes ... also the interface is decentralized and buttons are all moved towards the right-bottom corner.

I hope you have better luck, maybe i wait your including Italian-release  XD

Works perfectly for me, here is the update package:

http://downloads.cncnet.org/Games/Dune2000/MultiLanguage.zip

The reason why your buttons are showing on the wrong position could be caused by installing another high resolution patch. Gruntmods already has a high resolution patch built in, you cannot install 2 high resolution patches at the same time.

If you installed another high res patch, then delete the game folder and do a fresh installation

• 2 months later...