Trying to open RA2 in Wine for mac

LETitRIDE

Mac user here. Suddenly felt the need to play RA2 like when I was a kid and still using windows for games and papers. Apparently RA2 had been available for free download this time last year but is no longer available. I find torrents for them, but cannot make them work through winebottler and wine. The closest I've gotten is the RA installer asking me to run a human verification test, which I can't because it's being emulated.

Can anybody help? I'd really like to play this game again.  :roll:

Mac user here. Suddenly felt the need to play RA2 like when I was a kid and still using windows for games and papers. Apparently RA2 had been available for free download this time last year but is no longer available. I find torrents for them, but cannot make them work through winebottler and wine. The closest I've gotten is the RA installer asking me to run a human verification test, which I can't because it's being emulated.

Can anybody help? I'd really like to play this game again.  :roll:

Try out Crossover, it's got an interface that makes it a bit more intuitive

Here is a free solution: http://portingkit.com/game/202

If the game runs slow then download "ddwrapper" and place the two files in your game folder, make sure you set "NoVideoMemory=1" in the settings file and add a dll override for "ddraw"

Ok so I've got the Porting Kit downloaded and it's attempting to download the RA2 that I purchased from origin games. Can you walk me through your directions? Sorry.  :(