Tiberian Sun has encountered an internal error and cannot continue

DjDec

Question

I get this when i try to play online. i click login and it comes up then i click OK and it closes the game. both me and my friend have this problem. He is running Vista and im running Windows 7. Before when i had vista this worked fine online. Now even my disc version of the game doesnt work anymore.

Could it be to do with the fact that i got the EA free download and the registry update thingy messed it up? I deleted the EA download and got the one link on this site

I tryed compatability mode + disabling desktop themes ect. an.d also tryed running as administrator

REAL disappointment... :(. and i swear if EA caused this im going to kill each one of the C&C development team :ranting:

System:

Pentium 2.4 Ghz Quad

4GB RAM

Geforce 8800 GTX

TS_Fault.png.653e36f5e6e8b41c61b66d39b7d4d49f.png

5 answers to this question

OK. so i UNINSTALLED it then installed from the disc and its workin online i will now uninstall it again and try installing it from the C&C-COMMs installed and see if it works. I have a feeling it was EA... :dry:

OK! i fixed it. BASICLY if you installed the EA verion :down: make sure u UNINSTALL it before you install the C&C-COMMs version or the disc version, if you just delete the directory like i did  O_o then you will still have the broken registries. If you DID delete the directory, simply install the C&C-COMMs version or disc version and then uninstall it and then install it yet again for the final time. SO i think this error is to do with registries, although it could just be caused by game corruption. I think that the error in the case of online is just registries. Mabey some could see if they could make a fix? but people who got the EA version need to know how to fix it because i searched the internets and saw this come up alot.

If you have a problem like that in the future;

In your TS folder you should have a file called except.txt if you upload that i may be able to ask (i cant read them properly yet, only the very common ones) someone what caused your internal error hopefuly making it easyer to debug and fix

but in this case reinstalling was probebly the best fix unless you wanted to play around with regedit...