Mapping technical question : Win triggers

themug

hi everybody.

I am working on my second CNC:dawn multiplayer map using XCC. For those interested I have attached my very first map for you to see.

Unlike my very first, the map I am curently working on is 62X62. it is almost ready to play and I will gladly post it when it is finished.

Using the XCC editor, I have found the use for Cap=Win/Des=Lose in order to set victory condition by capturing a building. Can I make this condition possible if 2 or more buildings are captured? If so, how can I go about making this possible?

Thanks in advance.

I appreciate all feedback

have a good day

scm666ea.ini

scm666ea.bin

Triggers are mostly a single player thing. Most of them either don't work at all or work in weird ways in multiplayer. Victory conditions don't work in multiplayer at all, as far as I know. The only way to win a multiplayer game is to destroy all enemies, and that doesn't require triggers, it's an automatic thing.

Problem is mainly that "winning" is hard to define in multiplayer, since the trigger causes "the player" to win, not a specific side.

That said, even in single player, Cap=Win/Des=Lose is a VERY special trigger that, as far as I know, doesn't allow any additional conditions anyway. I think it ignores even "Allow Win" triggers. See also, the mission scripting guide.

Using the XCC editor, I have found the use for Cap=Win/Des=Lose in order to set victory condition by capturing a building. Can I make this condition possible if 2 or more buildings are captured? If so, how can I go about making this possible?

Unfortunately, Cap=Win/Dest=lose won't work properly with multiple buildings.  Believe me, I've tried.....