Map previews won't show up

stuffomoz

Hey everyone,

With the older version of the client, map previews would look really low-res. For instance, I was not able to tell if there are oil derricks on the map etc, but my friends were. With the latest update, map previews just don't show up. It's just a black box. Tried re-installing everything.

I'm playing on windows 7 installed on macbook pro 15" retina display, so the screen resolution is 2880x1800. Anyone had this problem?

Thanks in advance

Hey everyone,

With the older version of the client, map previews would look really low-res. For instance, I was not able to tell if there are oil derricks on the map etc, but my friends were. With the latest update, map previews just don't show up. It's just a black box. Tried re-installing everything.

I'm playing on windows 7 installed on macbook pro 15" retina display, so the screen resolution is 2880x1800. Anyone had this problem?

Thanks in advance

Hello - does your win7 have .NET 4, it's required for map rendering

I have the same issue on windows 10 and it was working before they changed the cnc client to what it is now

p.s. I do have framework.net 4.0 installed still not fixed

Client.log file please, find it in your cncnet directory in a folder called Client

There is a problem. I dowload XWIS game? and see "black box", use other gamepack, and not see problem. Maybe game not have any file?

Map rendering will take a while to render every map, give it some time, check for instance - the first map in the list and that should have rendered. If not, please upload client.log