New Yuri's Client Issues - Custom Maps, Game and CnCnet Lobby features

Kireeek

As the name of the topic suggests, these are the issues I and many others have identified with regards to the new CnCnet Yuri's client when compared to the previous client:

Custom Maps:

- Map transfers are not working properly

- Map previews are also non-functional

Game Lobby:

- Team Alliance maps no longer allow "In-game Allying", please re-enable this feature

- Posting links in the game lobby is no longer possible, please re-enable this feature

- Crates are on default, this should be off as it was in the previous client

- This message is active for everyplayer that joins regardless of the host: "Modified files detected! They could be cheating" (turn this message off until it actually functions as intended)

CnCnet Lobby:

- Highlighting a player's name in the previous CnCnet client will reveal which game they are currently in, please re-enable this feature

- Options should be available in the CnCnet lobby just like the previous client

You need be specific for the developers so they can look into it. What is not working properly about it? I've already downloaded new maps under the new client.

Very sure this is fixed already, it is for me.

- Team Alliance maps no longer allow "In-game Allying", please re-enable this feature

AFAIK you can play the same maps in different modes and the reason they probably locked it is because YR did so I believe. However, this limit the people that play random teams I guess (random spawns and allying in-game based on left vs right)

No comment on this one. Its very mixed based on host if on or off's are hosted. QM was off, so I guess default should be off.

- This message is active for everyplayer that joins regardless of the host: "Modified files detected! They could be cheating" (turn this message off until it actually functions as intended)

The message should be changed in general. The message now also happens on different versions, while on the old client it would state 'Person x is on incompatible version *older version*. He may have compatibility issues" while now the person is being 'threaten' as a cheater right away. I am not sure if it isn't working however, or if people that get it are indeed playing on an older version (or the host is). Regardless, the message STRING need to be changed IMO.

Suggested it to Rampastring already and pretty sure he will implement it at the top nav bar!

You need be specific for the developers so they can look into it. What is not working properly about it? I've already downloaded new maps under the new client.

I clearly stated in the heading "Custom Maps". For most players, custom maps are not working.

Very sure this is fixed already, it is for me.

Again, most people still have this as an issue.

AFAIK you can play the same maps in different modes and the reason they probably locked it is because YR did so I believe. However, this limit the people that play random teams I guess (random spawns and allying in-game based on left vs right)

They had this feature enabled for the previous client, it was a step forward with regards to map playability in the case of random teams.

No comment on this one. Its very mixed based on host if on or off's are hosted. QM was off, so I guess default should be off.

The message should be changed in general. The message now also happens on different versions, while on the old client it would state 'Person x is on incompatible version *older version*. He may have compatibility issues" while now the person is being 'threaten' as a cheater right away. I am not sure if it isn't working however, or if people that get it are indeed playing on an older version (or the host is). Regardless, the message STRING need to be changed IMO.

Suggested it to Rampastring already and pretty sure he will implement it at the top nav bar!

I clearly stated in the heading "Custom Maps". For most players, custom maps are not working.

And again I tell you WHAT isn't working? I get what you mean, but for a developer standpoint you are not specific at all. Does it not transfer properly? Do you get an error? Do you have any logs after said error? Etc.

EDIT: I looked around and I guess you get the generic 'failed to transfer error' in the lobby. That's what some people tell about here.

Again, most people still have this as an issue.

And you updated to latest version? So you still get a black box preview? Again you aint specific. 'not functional' is not clear for people, especially if it works fine for 'some' users, including me.

I am aware I sound rude but its only to help the devs here to pin-point the issue better. Trust me, 'not working' is useless for them when it does for some, or most.