custom resolution/unofficial patch?

puntja

Question

hey guys

i just bought the ultimate collection on origin.

I never played RA2 and i just wanted to play single player mode.

I'm wondering how I can use resolutions like 1920x1080 and is there maybe an unofficial patch like for Red Alert 1, Tiberium Dawn, Tiberium Sun etc? :)

also when I change the resolution in the main menu to 1024x768 the menu gets all distorted and the colors are fucked up

i'm on windows 10 pro

Don't wanna play online right now, just the campaign

thx in advance

2 answers to this question

You don't, uh, need an unofficial patch to change the resolution in RA2 (or TS, for that matter). All you need to do is edit the game's configuration .ini file in the game folder. ra2.ini / ra2md.ini

As for the odd colours... the graphics system patch DDWrapper is known to solve a multitude of graphics problems.

http://www.bitpatch.com/ddwrapper.html

Download the zip file and extract "ddraw.dll" and "aqrit.cfg" into your game folder. Then, open the configuration file "aqrit.cfg" in Notepad, change the "ForceDirectDrawEmulation" option to 1, save the file, and try running the game again.

great! thx :)

no i have the problem that the game is too fast. I found the fixed launcher fix and the shortcut solution with the -SPEEDCONTROL shortcut.

but if i start the game with the fixed launcher shortcut, the game doesn't start at all :-\