Sunday March 5th, 2017: YR 1v1 16-Player Speed Tournament

XXxPrePxX

Tournament has been cancelled as there was not enough demand for it.

:ranting:

The Tournament Bracket is now live! Link: http://challonge.com/YR_March5

Greetings All. I have an idea for a tournament that I think will have good success.

This will be a 1 day (Roughly <3 hour long) tournament. 16 Players will play a single elimination bracket tournament. We will ALL meet in the CNCNet lobby at a specified time. Once ALL 16 players are in the lobby at the same time, I will have the bracket randomized. From there, we will play out the bracket in simple best of 3 matchups (i.e. first to two wins).

Objective:

1. To give players a chance to compete for prestige in a quick QM-style tournament.

2. To beef up the cncnet community and comradery.

RULES

WHAT? Yuri's Revenge 1v1 16 Player 1-day Tournament

WHEN? Sunday, 03/05/2017 starting at 11am CST. A countdown timer can be found here: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20170305T11&p0=64&msg=Yuri%27s+Revenge+1v1+Tournament+start%2Fmeet+up+time&font=sanserif

DO YOU NEED TO STREAM?: No! This is a SPEED tournament based on quick matchups. Streaming is wonderful, but likely will slow the matchups down.

WHO? 16 Competitors. Single elimination.

WHERE?: CNCNET Lobby. We will meet up at the specified time.

Game settings?

SHORT GAME: ON

MCV Repacks: ON

Superweapons: ON

Starting credits: 10,000

Game speed: FASTEST (60 FPS)

Everything else OFF

NOTE: Yuri is NOT allowed.

First round (THEME: Easy to learn dust maps)

1st game: Dune Patrol

2nd game: Dry Heat (Top vs. Bottom)

Third Game: Country Swing (Top left vs. Bot right)

Second Round: (THEME: A bit more advanced maps)

1st game: Blood Feud

2nd game: Golden State FWY (Top right vs. Bottom Left)

3rd game: Heck Freezes Over (Top left vs. Top Right)

Third Round (THEME: A bit of Naval why don't ya??)

1st game: Official Tournament map B

2nd game: South Pacific (Bottom right vs Top left)

3rd game: Hammer and Sickle (Bottom right vs. Top left)

Fourth Round (THEME: Champions round)

1st game: Offense Defense (Spots must be picked, right vs. left side)

2nd game: Cold War (Top right vs. Top Left)

3rd game: Heck Freezes over (Bottom right vs. Bottom left)

FAQ:

What if there is a tie game scenario?

A: The player with the stretched naval yard will automatically receive a loss UNLESS that player has a drednought and can possibly kill the other opponent. This requires sufficient evidence from both players. The person with the land advantage must provide evidence (Sceenshots) that the player only has a stretched naval yard and has no way of killing his buildings. If the naval stretched player disputes this, he/she MUST have evidence that he could have killed the opponent. In this scenario, a decision will be made solely by me if the competitors cannot work it out. I suggest re-doing the matchup if at all possible, otherwise I will choose a winner based on the evidence. Guys, just don't be douchebags.

*Note, the only exception to this rule is me, the host. If a competitor decides to naval stretch me (and thus create a tie game scenario) and we have a conflict. I will automatically receive a loss. This is to prevent my bias from entering such decisions.

Q: Who picks spots?

A: The first game is random spots. The loser always picks spots going forward.

Q: Should I join the tournament If I am not a good player?

A: Absolutely! My suggestion to you would be to join the tournament, practice the first round match up maps as much as possible, and give your first round competitor a tough time (and possibly surprisingly defeat him/her due to your practice). This is a chance for you to learn how to compete in 1on1 match ups against other great players.  The first round maps are designed to be very simple maps where everybody should have a chance.

Q: Help! My opponent engi killed me and engi rushed my base. Can he be disqualified?

A: No. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do to stop people from using these aforementioned tactics. These tactics have always been around and will likely be used by some competitors in the tournament. You just have to be able to defend them as best as possible.

Q: Can someone observe my matchups?

A: Yes... but ONLY if both competitors agree to letting that person or people observe the match ups. Once both competitors are OK with the observer spectating their matchups, anything the observer says cannot be held for disqualification. Upon completion of any game, if a competitor feels that the observer is being unfair, he may ask for that observer to no longer spectate the games, in which case he must be kicked from the game. We welcome spectators as we want people to be interested in our tournament. This is about giving the community some fun, but if the spectator is ruining the game, he must be kicked.

Q: For unforeseen reasons, I must exit the tournament prematurely. What can I do?

A: Shame on you. Unfortunately, with the nature of the tournament you will simply be disqualified. Please try as best as you can to NOT have this happen. This lowers the quality of the tournament and gives people free passes. This tournament will likely take roughly 2-3 hours to complete. Please make sure you can play the ENTIRE 2-3 hours+ prior to signing up.

How to sign up?

I only need one thing from you: Your cncnet log in account name that you will be using to play in this tournament.

We need this as once we have all 16 competitors in the lobby at the same time, I will use each competitors nickname to throw into a random generator to generate the tournament bracket. Once the bracket is generated we will immediately play our first round games and the tournament will start.

Please, ONLY sign up if you are SURE that you can play for the 2-3 hours required.

If you have signed up in this thread, you get preferential treatment and are automatically saved a spot in the tournament. If you do not show up at the scheduled time you will be replaced.

Throughout the coming week I will post to cncnet lobby this link to bolster up some hype and get people to sign up. If this tournament is a success, we can do this once a week or once every two weeks!

JSDS,

Yes. This tournament will start at the specified time with ALL of the competitors in the lobby at the same time.

If we are unable to fill all 16, we will poll the cncnet lobby until we have 16 players ready to go.

If you cannot play for the entire duration you should NOT sign up. I am expecting this tournament to go rather fast as we will all be on, playing, and it is only best of 3 series, so hopefully this tournament will take more like 2 hours instead of 3-4.

Sign ups will stay open, preferential treatment goes to those who sign up in the thread first. Backups are welcome.

JSDS,

Yes. This tournament will start at the specified time with ALL of the competitors in the lobby at the same time.

If we are unable to fill all 16, we will poll the cncnet lobby until we have 16 players ready to go.

If you cannot play for the entire duration you should NOT sign up. I am expecting this tournament to go rather fast as we will all be on, playing, and it is only best of 3 series, so hopefully this tournament will take more like 2 hours instead of 3-4.

Sign ups will stay open, preferential treatment goes to those who sign up in the thread first. Backups are welcome.

OK

This is a one-day event meaning it will start at the specified time and end within 2-3 hours.

I would have liked for people to sign up prior to the event so I had a base of players, but it looks like there is absolutely no interest in doing that.

I am going to try to collect players in the lobby at the specified time. If that fails, well, fuck it, I guess there's no hope for something like this.

This is a one-day event meaning it will start at the specified time and end within 2-3 hours.

I would have liked for people to sign up prior to the event so I had a base of players, but it looks like there is absolutely no interest in doing that.

I am going to try to collect players in the lobby at the specified time. If that fails, well, fuck it, I guess there's no hope for something like this.

calm down i would like to play but i dont know if i can if i sée u around un sunday and i have time i will

My negative tone wasn't meant towards you, mate. I've posted this on here and strike team, also advertised in lobby and games. No one appears to want to do this OR the time is bad. Not sure.

that doesnt mean they didint like the idea

And i think you dont have time to colect 16 players in this short time  but if this dont work out,chill dont go mad just game

And im sure that few wanted to join but reasons makes them busy

Final update: Tournament has been cancelled as there was not enough demand for it. Spent 2+ hours looking for players, managed to get up to 7, but it was very difficult to do so.

Thank you to all who had interest.

from xxxprepxx him self it is cancelled  :(