ultimate edition multiplayer

dcelouera

Question

I have the command and conquer ultimate edition and i am trying to play lan multiplayer with my brother on Red alert 1. We are both using windows 10.

I have been searching for many solutions and i have found few. the ones that i did try (ra303 update,...) caused a missing registry error.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance, dcelouera

4 answers to this question

Hey!

Get our patcher from here: https://forums.cncnet.org/index.php?topic=1918.0

Make sure you select "Patch existing installation", but it should be automatically selected if you have the the ultimate collection installed already.

After the installation click on "play online", then you guys can either play online or LAN.

You can also try our mini multiplayer installation, it can be installed even if you already have the ultimate collection (there will be no confilct)

https://cncnet.org/red-alert

Thank you very much. The patcher worked and my brother and i can now multiplayer to our hearts content. The only trouble is that my brother has been tweaking the rules on the original ultimate collection Red Alert 1 to be more realistic (in his opinion) which was working well. We have copied and overwritten the rules.ini and aftrmath.ini files with my brothers modified ini files in to the now patched game and none of the changes are taking affect. We also added the MPLAYER.ini file which was required in the original ultimate collection for the changes to work properly.Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated especially as my brother has spent over 40 hours adjusting and testing his rules.

Thanks for all the help mate. My brother and i now have it working great and are enjoying some great red alert matches.At first we couldn't get the aftermath units in multiplayer, it turned out that the MPLAYER.ini folder needed its contents moved into the spawnam.xdp. Now it is working great.

Thanks once again for all your prompt and great help, dcelouera. :mammoth: