TFD Tiberian Sun error, NEW, Repaired

Dušan Xmetov

Question

I have installed a legal copy of The first decade pack, made a backup of my .Exe files, installed 1.03 r4 (TFD patch), Uncracked my games, restored large infaltry in Ra1 (They are too small, dont you think?) and all games work perfectly, Exept Tiberian Sun. The problem is that in plain Tiberian sun, when i start a campain, i cant see any videos, and in Firestorm, i get a  "Unable to read scenario!" error. Is there a way how to fix that?

I am using Windows Xp SP3

My Hardware spec: 300GB hard disk, USB sound card, Pentium 4 (2,8GHz), ATI Raedon 3600 Series (512MB), 2GB of ram

4 answers to this question

Let me put it this way... you screwed it up for no valid reason whatsoever. There are no advantages to trying to remove that nocd.

To undo the 1.03 crack for TS, you should extract the files of maps03.mix into the game folder, and, after restoring the exe file, you should use the movies fix in my TFD TS NoCD patch to undo the changes done to the movies1/2.mix files by the nocd patching process to make the video names compatible with the original TS exe.

And no, the RA1 DOS infantry are not "too small"... if the big ones were actually remakes, I'd probably leave them, but seeing as they're just ugly resizes of the DOS version, they're plain awful.

I have installed a legal copy of The first decade pack, made a backup of my .Exe files, installed 1.03 r4 (TFD patch), Uncracked my games, restored large infaltry in Ra1 (They are too small, dont you think?) and all games work perfectly, Exept Tiberian Sun. The problem is that in plain Tiberian sun, when i start a campain, i cant see any videos, and in Firestorm, i get a  "Unable to read scenario!" error. Is there a way how to fix that?

I am using Windows Xp SP3

My Hardware spec: 300GB hard disk, USB sound card, Pentium 4 (2,8GHz), ATI Raedon 3600 Series (512MB), 2GB of ram

Why would you try to remove No-CD mode... you're just making things much harder on yourself. -_-

To godly-cheese:

Nyerguds helped me with this problem. I musted extract movies**.mix from the Data1.cab in The DVD, and the sechond problem was fixed by Extracting a newly-creaited file named "Maps03.mix" Now i can play fully working verzion of tibsun XD. Please, dont add more replys.