Tiberian Sun game menu unresponsive

johnnyrocket

Question

I can get the game to run but when I get to the game menu, clicking on the meno options will not run the game. For instance, when I click Skirmish, the menu disappears but the background stays and nothing happens. When I click the other options, like new campaign, the screen just kind of freezes on the menu. Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm running the game as administrator and set my game.exe to windows 98 compatible.

7 answers to this question

I'm not great with screenshots in windows. When you are at the main menu in the game, where it says new campaign, load game, lan, etc., clicking on skirmish makes the menu options go away (all the blue words) and just the background is left. Clicking on any of the other options (new campaign, load game) just makes the screen freeze (I can still see all the blue menu options and everything.) When I hit escape, it unfreezes or, if I tried to skirmish, the screen unfreezes and the blue menu options reappear. If that isn't descriptive enough, I can try to get a screenshot.

EDIT: http://imgur.com/jXZzj.jpg

Sorry, I'm on a mac running vmware so I just had to upload it from osx rather than windows. Anyways, that is what happens after I click skirmish and it just stays there. When I hit esc, it reverts back to the regular menu.

To take a screenshot in Windows. Simply press the key PrtSc or PrntScr or something of that sort on your keyboard. Then go into any photo editing software and press CTRL + V on your keyboard then save it.

That's all it takes to do a screenshot.

I figured out that the game runs when I click the menu options, but the screen doesn't show it. So if I just click around the screen after I click one of the main menu options, I actually click buttons. I started a campaign a second ago by just clicking randomly. The mission started fine and I could play it fine, but If I pause the game I can't see the pause menu (just spent about 10 minutes just clicking randomly to try to get out of the campaign) and also my mouse usually doesn't show up when I try to click in the build menu. Once I manage to click something in the build menu, my mouse will show up on the build menu for a little bit. Has anybody had this problem before? I have no idea why it won't show any of the menus, because the game seems to be playing fine other than that.