[UPDATED] DeathTrap Survival with water waves

Lucifer_MS

So this is my first map ever ! i usually open others' maps and edit it, but today i made this from scratch !! 

It's a bit hard but i hope you enjoy it ! and give me feedback if you played it !! 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/rty3poho10c0mlb/deathtrap survival-rev5.zip

How to install ? 

just drag it to C:\xxx\RedAlert2\Maps\Custom\

Edited by Lucifer_MS

First off, glad to see you making your own map(s) now and not just editing mine and others :D

Its not that bad at all. Little laggy because so many units spawning at the same time and all the explosions/animations. Same way all my first maps was.

If you want a pro tip. You should look into increasing all units speed plus making all explosions and animations invisible.

Doing this will increase game speed and reduce game lag by so much it will allow you to reduce the amount of units that attack which will reduce lag even more and make the map even harder.

Lower the units = Lower the lag. Lower the lag = harder map.

This is my trick and it works really good.

If you want i could send you some Ini settings that you can copy paste into all your maps that has all this work done.

One last tip is not just sending all units with a attack (Script). Instead sending them to patrol to a waypoint (behind each player) then attacking will make every player get the same amount of units and not just one player (With the highest kills) getting everything attacking him.

Hope this helps and if you need help with anything let me know. We can get on a discord or team speak to talk.

Cheers mate.

On 10/3/2017 at 7:54 PM, Dctanxman said:

First off, glad to see you making your own map(s) now and not just editing mine and others :D

Its not that bad at all. Little laggy because so many units spawning at the same time and all the explosions/animations. Same way all my first maps was.

If you want a pro tip. You should look into increasing all units speed plus making all explosions and animations invisible.

Doing this will increase game speed and reduce game lag by so much it will allow you to reduce the amount of units that attack which will reduce lag even more and make the map even harder.

Lower the units = Lower the lag. Lower the lag = harder map.

This is my trick and it works really good.

If you want i could send you some Ini settings that you can copy paste into all your maps that has all this work done.

One last tip is not just sending all units with a attack (Script). Instead sending them to patrol to a waypoint (behind each player) then attacking will make every player get the same amount of units and not just one player (With the highest kills) getting everything attacking him.

Hope this helps and if you need help with anything let me know. We can get on a discord or team speak to talk.

Cheers mate.

YO YO Thank you bro ! love your maps and work ! 

actually i've been thinking about asking you about the animation thing (a mutual friend told me about it). 

also i've seen attack scripts from many maps and i used nice one, i will update the map here and release also a new one. 

please send me the ini you talked about.