Red Alert - modding weapon accuracy

EugEnO

Hey, RA comrades!

I've achieved pretty much anything I wanted by modifying the rules.ini file, but have been trying something unsuccessfully for over a week now:

I want to make the cruiser ships' guns shoot with right-on-target accuracy. So that they shoot as accurately as say a heavy tank.

I've tried setting:

- Inaccurate=no

- BallisticScatter=0.0

- Gravity

among some other values. Nothing seems to affect the cruisers' accuracy.

If anybody can help I'd be very grateful!

So the over shooting is mostly just due to the range of the weapon... the one thing you could try is using the projectile that the tanks use, instead of the artillery. So, it'll fire in a strait line, rather than arcing, but I think that that would fix it.
Yeah, pretty sure the overshooting is based on that arcing projectile type.

Worth a try, anyway.

AchromicWhite,

Thanks for the reply.

I don't think it's to do with range, because note that at closer distances like say 5 cells, the cruiser hits virtually on target.

Moreover, cruiser doesn't miss in any direction when shooting far: if shooting strictly North, South, East or West, irrespective of distance the cruiser hits on target. I think at 45 degrees between these directions it also hits target (i.e. North-West etc.), but at any other direction it overshoots if from long distance.

Your suggestion of assigning a tank projectile (non ballistic) does solve this, but for some reason the projectile flies in slow-mo to target, taking like up to 20 seconds to arrive?

14 hours ago, EugEnO said:

AchromicWhite,

Thanks for the reply.

I don't think it's to do with range, because note that at closer distances like say 5 cells, the cruiser hits virtually on target.

Moreover, cruiser doesn't miss in any direction when shooting far: if shooting strictly North, South, East or West, irrespective of distance the cruiser hits on target. I think at 45 degrees between these directions it also hits target (i.e. North-West etc.), but at any other direction it overshoots if from long distance.

Your suggestion of assigning a tank projectile (non ballistic) does solve this, but for some reason the projectile flies in slow-mo to target, taking like up to 20 seconds to arrive?

Yeah, that's what I mean... the range on the weapon on the arcing projectile IF it can fly far, AND does, then it overshoots. I guess it's a bug that sometimes does it in certain directions.

A full 20 seconds? Wow... I'd have thought it'd be moving at a speed the same as the tank shot, which might then look a lot slower, because of the distance it has to travel.
But then, there might also be a bug with the way that the tank shell works at long range.

RA is strange to mod, haha.

That's what I also thought, that all that'll change if replacing the ballistic projectile with tank one, is the trajectory - it'll be a straight line.

But no, for some reason it then flies in slow-mo.

Also, I know this has been asked and discussed, but nobody gave a solution yet so if you know what can be done - how can I mod RA so that the AI in skirmish builds naval bases and nuke silo and some other stuff it just never builds? It would add more fun to the opponent.