Tiberian Dawn - Hostage Exchange (Singleplayer)

Clever mission idea. I'd fix some of the spelling in the briefing, though ;)

A strange situation commander: We captured a GDI MCV and they have one of ours.
Both sides are rapidly sending troops in and it's a miracle that the situation hasn't
escalated yet. Unfortunately the GDI had more resources here, so we were forced to use fake 
units to hide the real size of our troop. We are sure the driver of the GDI MCV has noticed this
hoax and will reveal it, once he leaves our comm. jammer range. So move to the south and 
quickly build up a base. Reinforcements for both sides are on their way!

Yep, your briefing is better. Unfortunately is yours too long.

My briefing is already one character too long, thus the game ignores the exclamation mark at the end. (DOS shows nothing and SVGA106 shows a strange sign)

Yours is already cut of in the middle of the last sentence.

"Both sides are rapidly sending troops in and it's a miracle that the situation hasn't

escalated yet"

I also wanted this to be in the past, as both sides have sent the troops and don't do it anymore, to explain the situation with the two big front lines with which you start the map.

How's this, then?

A strange situation commander: We captured a GDI MCV and they have one of ours.

The frontlines are at place and it's a miracle that a conflict hasn't erupted yet. However,

the GDI force is noticably larger, so we are using fake units to hide our true numbers. We

are sure the driver of the GDI MCV has noticed this deception and will reveal it, once he

leaves our comm. jammer range. So move to the south and quickly build up a base.

Reinforcements for both sides are on their way!

I thought "Both sides are rapidly sending troops" was redundant, as it is stated at the end that reinforcements are on their way for both sides.

I don't see it redundant as it was meant to explain how this situation came into existence.

1. Each side captured an MCV of the opposite side

2. both sides sent troops to persuade the other side to free their MCV and to show strength

3. GDI had faster more troops available, so Nod used fake units instead. Thus for Nod this is nothing else than a big bluff.

4. The player is presented with this situation and has to solve it. At this point the briefing should describe the points 1-3 and explain the player how this situation came about.

5. The player is informed that more reinforcements for both sides are on their way (which will surely escalate the situation).