RA-1 Hex Editing.

Allen262

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What one is over 8.3? I never added any letters to m...

Oh CC-*Name here*.mix files.

I never added any letters to any of the other mix files but replaced the last letter with a "!". CC-*Name here*.mix files are way over 8.3. The name on CC-*Name here*.mix file can be cut down but they have to start with CC-, CC- was SC- that was from the C&C95 engine.

Actually, it's just the "sc", no "-" needed. So in your case, you changed the string sc*.mix in the exe to cc*.mix. You can see there's no "-" in there. The * just means "any amount of characters".

Note that the game also has an ss*.mix reading system; any filenames found in these mixfiles are actually REMOVED from the game. A practical use is removing buildup animations to make buildings unsellable. (note that since the file isn't actually read, it doesn't have to be the real file; just an empty textfile with the name is sufficient)

• 3 weeks later...

Squiched all the bugs Soviet/Nod and Allied/GDI campaigns had to recode half the GDI missions.... :(

When I started playing the campaigns it was fun but now it sucks! I still have AF, CS and Ants that I added on to for a total of 43 more to go! Is there any place I can recruit a tester?

An is the any away from stoping the Soviet/Nod AI from replacing the shot down Apaches with ORCAs? I tryed fliping the HELI and HIND in the .exe but that just messed thing up more.

I dunno... how exactly were they added?

You can add-on to the ant mission by swiching OneTimeOnly=yes to no in the SCA04EA.ini. After that the game will look for the next map (SCA05EA.ini) all the way up to SCA10EA.ini but at SCA10EA.ini the CounterStrike disk don't work as the game wants the Allied disk. The game won't read any thing after SCA10EA.ini

I'm think SCA prefix are left overs from C&C95 just like V20-V37 found in the game and rules.

The Soviets/Nod start with the HIND that comes free with the helipad but after I shoot that one down the AI will replace them with HELI. The AI don't follow the Prerequisite I give it too.

At this point I will just flip the setting for aircraft replacement so that Ai will only replace them in multiplayer.

So both teams build the HELI then? I don't see how switching stuff could fix this...

One thing you can do, but which is kinda hard without disassembling, is switch the 2 helis' internal IDs. But if it's anything like C&C1 that's not just a single byte change...

• 2 weeks later...

I think what he meant that there's nothing switching them around could fix.

However, I remember playing a weird "CnC in RA" mod with Ordos' Barracks and I think maybe a Pylon in it. It said that it made the Soviets into GDI and the Allies into Nod to fix some unspecified problem. Also, have you checked to make sure GDI build the HELI rather than the HIND?

P.S. Could you post the HELI and HIND entries?

EDIT: Do you have the A-10 in this mod?

Hm, those translations are pretty messed up... it's probably better to just leave them out entirely. Heck, the french shortcut plain uses the wrong verb. "Écouter" means "listening", not playing.

Also, not sure why you kept the CS and AM installing options from the patch, or the registry items. The patch should take care of those anyway.

There's some more issues with the script, like the fact you kept "Uninstallable=no". I've cleaned it all up now; I'll send you the result in a private message.

[edit]

Huh, you're using a 320x200 english.vqa? That's the intro vid; it's supposed to be 640x400. Don't know if I ever specifically aid this, but feel free to use my incomplete C&C95-to-ra intro, menu and colours pack.

http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/mods/ra1_to_cc1/finished/

(english.vqa, palette.cps and title.pcx)

Yes I know about the using a 320x200 english.vqa. I have yet to find my Blink tools. (Had OS crash and now every thing is some were in the back ups.) So I couldn'r resize it. I may just use the english.vqa that C&C Gold has , It only shows the WestWood logo.