RA-1 Hex Editing.

Allen262

I found that out after I posted that.  I can't make a QVA to save my life. I made one QVA 5 years ago and I have lost half the things I need to make a new one.

Edit:

I just shorted you english.qva  so I don't have to change my title.pcx. As your has got the C&C text on top unlike mine from C&C Gold.

Yes the translations are bad. I used google. I put a warning in the Geman and French that I had used google translate.

I kept the CS and AM installing options from the patch since I gave links for the people that may not have CS or AM. If they go and get the CS and AF. There going to need 3.03 registries. I also kept the registry items for colours fix that went to the RA95.dat. My RA-1 to C&C95.exe it a modded RA95.dat and will need to have the colours fix applied to it for Vista and Win7.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh it's 'vqa'. Making them isn't really hard; just convert the C&C1 video to pcx frames with xcc mixer, stretch those frames to 640x400 with RAD Video tools, keeping the colour palette, and then use VQA Encoder to make an 8-bit VQA out of those frames.

As for your translations, I checked them, and even those "warning, this comes from Google Translate" messages were pretty much unreadable, that's why I said that. Really, just leave it out, your mod itself is only in English anyway.

As for CS and AM, and all the rest of the registry stuff, that's already in the 3.03 installer, so I don't see why you should add them, tbh. After all your patch clearly says it needs v3.03. That generally means it needs it to be ALREADY INSTALLED.

As for the colours fix, do make sure to add the 'delete when uninstall' flag to these registry items then.

I didn't know RAD could resize. If I didn't have yours I would have resized all the frame by hand!

CS and AF are out with my bad translations.

As for the 'delete when uninstall' flags. What one should I use.

"uninsdeletekey"

"When the program is uninstalled, delete the entire key, including all values and subkeys in it. It obviously wouldn't be a good idea to use this on a key that is used by Windows itself. You should only use this on keys private to your application."

""uninsdeletevalue""

"Delete the value when the program is uninstalled. This flag can be combined with uninsdeletekeyifempty."

you need to make sure the DXCompatReg32 and DXCompatReg64 in CustomMessages end on your own mod name instead of "Command & Conquer Red Alert", otherwise you'll overwrite the RA compatibility stuff.

And since you make your own key (='folder' in the registry) for the item, it should be uninsdeletekey.

I have the colours fix like this. Is this right?

; Vista and above: colours fix (32 bit)

Root: HKLM; Subkey: {cm:DXCompatReg32}; ValueType: string; ValueName: Name; ValueData: RA-1 to C&C95.exe; MinVersion: 0,6.0.6000; Check: not IsWin64; Flags: uninsdeletekey

Root: HKLM; Subkey: {cm:DXCompatReg32}; ValueType: binary; ValueName: Flags; ValueData: 00 08 00 00; MinVersion: 0,6.0.6000; Check: not IsWin64; Flags: uninsdeletekey

Root: HKLM; Subkey: {cm:DXCompatReg32}; ValueType: binary; ValueName: ID; ValueData: CB 58 CB 36; MinVersion: 0,6.0.6000; Check: not IsWin64; Flags: uninsdeletekey

; Vista and above: colours fix (64 bit)

Root: HKLM; Subkey: {cm:DXCompatReg64}; ValueType: string; ValueName: Name; ValueData: RA-1 to C&C95.exe; MinVersion: 0,6.0.6000; Check: IsWin64; Flags: uninsdeletekey

Root: HKLM; Subkey: {cm:DXCompatReg64}; ValueType: binary; ValueName: Flags; ValueData: 00 08 00 00; MinVersion: 0,6.0.6000; Check: IsWin64; Flags: uninsdeletekey

Root: HKLM; Subkey: {cm:DXCompatReg64}; ValueType: binary; ValueName: ID; ValueData: CB 58 CB 36; MinVersion: 0,6.0.6000; Check: IsWin64; Flags: uninsdeletekey

Damitsomuch.....

You patch is droping the SCU44EA.ini (Has the Sub Fix) in the game out side of a mix file. Now that SCU44EA.ini is over riding my SCU44EA.ini that I have in side the Cc-MISaf.mix I tried to hex edit my .exe to switch the SCU44EA.ini to SCX44EA.ini but the game will not read it if I do this or edit it in any way.

I know I can set my installer delete the SCU44EA.ini that is put there by you installer but that will mess up the normal RA-1.

I could have my installer delete the SCU44EA.ini and I could put the SCU44EA.ini in a mix file that my .exe would not read but normal RA-1 would. The problem is that if my mod is uninstalled so is the mix file with the SCU44EA.ini that has the Sub Fix.

You can put the SCU44EA.ini that has the sub fix in any mix file that starts with SC. You can use the snow crater fix mix file (scrtrfix.mix). If the sub fix SCU44EA.ini is put in to scrtrfix.mix it will over ride the original mission that has the sub bug.

Or

You can put the sub fix SCU44EA.ini in a new mix file.

I would just put the sub fix SCU44EA.ini in the scrtrfix.mix

Attaching .Zip with scrtrfix.mix that has sub fix SCU44EA.ini already in the mix file. I also changed the title of Situation Critical to Situation Critical *Sub Fix*.

I know I'm a pain in the ass.....

EDIT: Is the just any way from stoping the uninstall program that Inno make from uninstilling just one file?

scrtrfix.mix_with_SCU44EA.ini.zip

That mission fix is only installed when AM is enabled. I can't put it in the same mixfile as a fix that is always installed. Also, I know perfectly well how to make mixfiles, thank you very much :P

As for your uninstall thing, I don't understand what you mean. Unless there are specific flags added to the files they should all be uninstalled.

That mission fix is only installed when AM is enabled. I can't put it in the same mixfile as a fix that is always installed. Also, I know perfectly well how to make mixfiles, thank you very much :P

True...

As for your uninstall thing, I don't understand what you mean. Unless there are specific flags added to the files they should all be uninstalled.

I found the flag I want I think. "uninsneveruninstall" What I'm going to do is. Added

[installDelete]

Name: {app}\scu44ea.ini; Type: files

than add to the

[Files]

Source: common\scscu44.mix; DestDir: {app}; Flags:uninsneveruninstall

This should firsrt delete the scu44ea.ini that is in the game folder (if it is there) and add a mix that has scu44ea.ini packed inside. The new mix will never be uninstalled thanks to the flag. If my mod should be uninstalled the mix will be left for AF user and if the person dosen't have AF, they will never notice the mix file is there to start with.

yeah, that'll do the trick :)

btw, you did something wrong with the icons in the exe; instead of one icon with all different colour and size types in it you got all types as different icons in the exe. And the icon you use for the installer only has the 48x48 one.

I sent you an update with fixed exes and the full C&C95.exe icon as it is in C&C1.