CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
drelix76

Hosting a Map Network Issue

Question

Good day, I'm having a bit of trouble Hosting a for example a Survival map.

What I just did is,

I create a room

I choose a lower ping server

I choose a Dctanxman survival map, others join in (unknown players) some have high ping/some have unknown ping and some have lower ping

When some of the others join in I encounter a notice saying "Player 'playername' has different files compared to the game host. Either 'playername' or the game host could be cheating."

So I lock the room, I just ignore the notice because I have already got pass that everytime I join other host.

They all get ready

I press Launch game

In the loading screen (I "THE HOST" loads but others don't, or in other players perspective, I may have to assume that I don't load in their screen) << THAT IS MY PROBLEM

Now I always doubt I won't connect/load in loading screen with others when I'm the host, why is it like that for me?

and sometimes when I join others I encounter this notice "Player 'playername' has different files compared to the game host. Either 'playername' or the game host could be cheating."

from what I remember, I made a copy of the folder C:\Gamies\Red Alert 2-YR\Maps\ and made a Clean Install of my PC and reinstall RA2/YR together with CnCNet for YR and copy the backup Maps folder I made a copy earlier and pasted it back after updating CnCNet, I think this triggered that notice "Player 'playername' has different.... etc."

How do I remove the notice "Player 'playername' has different files compared to the game host. Either 'playername' or the game host could be cheating."?

I may have to assume this is what makes me not load with others when I'm the host, I just made a copy of the Maps folder, why is it triggering a notice like that? It did came from other players... is there a way around this?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet