Skirmish: Unable to build more, but only for me

RC1985

Hi everyone,

I recently started playing some skirmishes again and tried vs 7 AIs on an unlimited ore map. A few minutes into the game I'm unable to build more infantry, then after say 15 minutes I can't build any more tanks. Funny thing is the AI can still keep producing all sorts of units so I'm left wondering if there's some sort of error here. Can someone help?

Thanks!

No, that's normal. There used to be a game crash that happens when you hit the unit limit, normally the icons will gray out (which was what caused the crash).

I ended up creating a new limiter that kicks in earlier (before the original one triggers),  this one only works for human players though.

19 hours ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

No, that's normal. There used to be a game crash that happens when you hit the unit limit, normally the icons will gray out (which was what caused the crash).

I ended up creating a new limiter that kicks in earlier (before the original one triggers),  this one only works for human players though.

Ok I understand the concept of the game limit and game crash but if my units die out and the AI doesn't produce the same type of units then shouldn't I be able to continue producing? With human players for example once the vehicles limited is reached you can start building again after some of the enemy's vehicles die, but in me vs AI only I get hit by a limit while the AI keeps producing.

Funky - Sorry to double post. I was wondering if you could help me out on my scroll lag problem with RA2 and YR single campaign and skirmish mode. When scrolling it feels very slow and laggy like something is pulling me back. On online multiplayer though it works just fine. I posted the issue here but till now, no answers that work yet (I've already fixed the full screen issue): https://forums.cncnet.org/topic/9627-how-to-play-full-screen-in-campaign-mode/