How to Red Alert Mod Multiplayer?

rename rules.ini to spawn.xdp and it should work. 

Custom rules.ini/spawn.xdp files make your game incompatible though, that means every player needs to download your file to be able to join your game. It's better to keep your spawn.xdp unmodified and just copy your mods into a map instead.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like a better alternative, but how do I transfer my custom rules.ini/spawn.xdp to a map though?

Another thing I noticed. There's no expand2.mix or expand3.mix that was used for adding the unit shps. I opened spawn1.mix and saw that the units are there. I extracted cc_mtnk.shp. For me and another player in cncnet to use a modified shp, we just have to have the same extracted custom shp in our directory?

Update:  I found conquer.mix inside main.mix, I found the shps that match the names of those inside rules.ini. So those are the ones I need to modify (e.g., 1tnk.shp)? I can leave the shp in the directory and the other player in cncnet, then we can both play it in cncnet?

Edited by CnCRedAlertFan

If you want to modify shp files then forget what I said with the map mods, you'll have to share the files anyways so it's better to make the game incompatible if  your mod relies on additional files.

I can't remember if it works if the files are loose in the folder, but you can just copy spawn1.mix and rename it to sc-mymod.mix, place the file in there and share it.

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2019 at 3:05 PM, FunkyFr3sh said:

If you want to modify shp files then forget what I said with the map mods, you'll have to share the files anyways so it's better to make the game incompatible if  your mod relies on additional files.

I can't remember if it works if the files are loose in the folder, but you can just copy spawn1.mix and rename it to sc-mymod.mix, place the file in there and share it.

I modified 3tnk.shp and  rules.ini and placed them in the directory, my friend did the same but when in game it was unmodded.

• 8 months later...

Hi Created a mix file with mix editor named it "expandspawnXX.mix" (xx) number 0-99  save it to game folder open it with mixer and add all vxl and hva in there before close right click and "compact"
expandspawn only one tat worked 
elocal
ecache
expand
 none worked but expandspawn naming

https://www.twitch.tv/wurth_pt/

Many units work just fine in multiplayer,  requirement is to have them named same as game file ex apocalypse tank is apoc in rules.ini but its called "mtnk" ir artmd.ini which would be a correct name for voxel and hva file.

It will work on any map and obvisly will be visible only to you, all other player will see regular grafics....

So some units you will try to add will actually cause recon error immidetly after ingage with enemie online, so you can test it with 2 pcs which work and which dont, cause for single player will work any

Sem Título.jpg