1st attempt Map 1vs1 C&C1

necrotikflesh

Hello!

I am new here. I just finished c&c95 and Red Alert.
I will start soon T.S but I started to make a small map for 1vs1.
This is my first attempt, I never made a map for C&C. I use Xcc editor. I have not yet understood everything about this Editor but I will find some tutorials on the net.

This map is made to welcome two players. One to the north and one to the south. Each has a tieberium field near their bases. And a bit of tiberium on the map.

I like the detailed maps but I do not know if it will not interfere with the gameplay.

Here is an image of the map for now.

Sorry for my english, google translation is my friend.

https://ibb.co/dK5jrv1

Edited by necrotikflesh
  • Like 1

Well! I'm remapping the map today.

I need to change few things. 

1- The north player have a disadvantage because the accesses to leave or enter in his base are too narrow. It's beautiful on the map but not in terms of gameplay.

2- Reduce the amount of details ( trees, houses, etc ) in the right side of the map.

3- Enlarge some space to smooth the movement of units

See you!

On 11/27/2019 at 11:10 AM, necrotikflesh said:

2- Reduce the amount of details ( trees, houses, etc ) in the right side of the map.

Why that? A high level of detail is part of any good map.

On 11/27/2019 at 11:10 AM, necrotikflesh said:

3- Enlarge some space to smooth the movement of units

I don't agree, restricted maps are interesting, because these put the emphasis on micro-management instead of tank rushes. But both players should have the same amount of tiberium and the same distance to tiberium fields (south has longer ways to tiberium?) and base access (south has more freedom of movement). You either can restrict the map for south by connecting the southeastern river with the lake (add 1-2 bridges) or placing some additional trees. Otherwise you can expand the access for north by adding another bridge/ford.

Seems that the ford between the north player and the large tiberium field is blocked by a tree.

There are no blossom trees at all?

Generally, I would advice to put the player start locations at the east-/west edges in 1 vs 1 matches to avoid the weapon range advantage for the southern player.

Edited by Messiah
  • Upvote 1