Mixed questions about modding

Otuken

I'd be very grateful if someone can explain them.

1) How to make virus clouds unaffect to ally units. I don't want units itself immune to clouds just preventing it to damage to ally units.

2) How to remove the wire graphic between mind controller and mind controlled unit? 

3) How to prevent cloning Yuri Prime?

4) How to give airborne ability to Russia and Yuri when they build their radar and making paradrop mercanary?

5) Can an unit fire its anti-ground and anti-air weapons simultaneously?

6) Is permanent mind control possible without Psychic dominator?

Edited by Otuken

The initial virus weapon and warhead belongs to the player,  and so AffectsAllies=no, will be respected. The gas cloud is a particle spawned via the animation in art.ini, and hence (I think) is not player owned and so will damage everyone even if you edit VirusCloud1/VirusGas in rules.ini not to affect allies. I could be wrong,  so maybe try testing it, but I recall  I made a gas carpet bomber in a map and had that problem, so,  I made a new weapon that looks like gas clouds,  but are not,  to avoid the issue. 

MindControl=yes in warhead always draws the line. Without editing art.ini don't think it can be removed.

You can't.  Cloning=yes on a building will clone any infantry made. 

You have to give Russia a building with Factory=AircraftType, to produce planes.

If want the planes to be like Allies and return to the building, then the plane needs  Dock=YOURBUILDING.

The planes will appear to enter/leave the building (and be hidden when not in use). If you want them visible, the building needs a bib (a place it can land on top of the building voxel without being hidden), hence,  best thing to do edit GAAIRC so Russia can build it too. 

Lastly,  if you want to restrict the number of planes you can build to the number of bibs/pads available, then add the plane to the PadAircraft=x list.

Or simple language do... 

[GAAIRC]
Prerequisite=GAREFN,GACNST ;Allies
PrerequisiteOverride=NAREN ;Soviets
Owner=British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance,Russians 
;RequiredHouses=British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance,Russians ;May work without this,  I forgot.

To give a paratrooper drop, use tag SuperWeapon=ParaDropSpecial. To make it only for Russia, you have to make a new building (e.g. clone GAAIRC) else Allies will all get it too. 

Yes. Use Ammo=1 ROF=0 on both weapons, and Reload=x ammo reload logic as the new ROF delay (the unit will fire primary then secondary with 0 delay,  and then wait x frames until the ammo is reloaded before firing again).

But it could also fire Primary/Secondary twice,  so a better way to do is is use Gatling logic to cycle Weapon1 then Weapon2 and use reload as delay. Now unit will wait between shots in cases of 2x Ground target and fire both immediately in cases of Ground+Air target. 

Never tried it, but an alternative that works for vehicles is to use the LimboLaunch/Thief and VehicleThief logic to permanently parasite/enter a vehicle and then control it (in fact you could do this to answer your question 2 and mind control without the line too, and even create a spawned aircraft to do this if you want to keep your main unit around for a better UI experience).

Edited by Bobble
Q5 Gatling comment added.

2) How can it be removed via editing art.ini?

6) I've done similar thing before for just Yuri clone. It gets inside vehicles only like terror drone and one point of the line starts when it attacked.

Easiest way to remove mind line is set it to 0 or 1 (-1 is infinite).

Also,  looking at this there is a way to permanently mind control too with LimboLaunch/Thief,  but you'll have to hunt through the rules yourself to find the logic,  but it looks like it does exist. 

Hope it helps. ?

[MINDANIM];gs played on Mind controlled fellows
LoopCount=-1
Rate=300

[MINDANIMR];gs played on permanently Mind controlled fellows
LoopCount=-1
Rate=300

Thank you for reply but unfortunately it just removed small circles animation over mind controlled units not the mind controlling lines. I have some more questions too if they are any possible to answer.

1) Preventing magnetrons trying to lift just one vehicle together in auto combat. I want them always try to lift one vehicle only per magnetron.

2) How possible making ore collectors immune to be lifted by magnetrons?

3) Mind controlling air units?

4) Repair ability of neutral garrisoned structures without engineers? 

5) Starting with Construction Yard only not MCV.

6) Making units get in transport capable units simultaneusly not one by one

7) Making Y.Prime instantly destoy enemy structures when mindcontrol them.

8 Preventing infantry units -which attack both ground and air- to chase enemy air units when they enter thier guard range but keeping this ability for enemy ground units when they enter their guard range.

Edited by Otuken

Regrading mindlines I think you can set an empty line colour in art.ini. if you work out,  do post the answer.

DistributedFire is probably best and easiest way.  Not 1-to-1 but better than before.

In warhead avoid miners by doing... Verses=x%,x%,x%,x%,0%,x%,x%,x%,x%,x% x%

Could try changing the projectile to AA=yes so targets air units too.  Not sure if it will work though. 

Try SelfHeal=yes or make them ClickRepairable=yes  (I think it may work as if garrisoned then it belongs to you,  so click repair may work,  try it). 

Has to be pre placed on map. If you don't want it to undeploy into a MCV then you must clone the building (so it is a new building,  which looks and behaves exactly like old one).

Can't. Loading is single file I think. 

Give the weapon and warhead a lot of damage e.g. 2000+ to destroy a con yard. 

There is a key that stops eg IFV chasing aircraft,  I think it is something like GuardRange=x with DefaultToGuardArea=yes or similar. I think the behaviour is set for the Primary weapon only. So,  you can set the Primary to target AG  (so will hit and chase) and Secondary for AA (so will hit but not chase). There is another key that returns a unit to its previous place (or maybe it's GuardRange or GuardArea or something that does it,  I forgot). But in summary is is possible. Seen people use it to stop IFV running across map trying to shoot a plane,  and hence getting killed by tanks because it's attack is still focused on plane (I think CanRetaliate=yes fixes that issue too). 

Anyway hope it helps. ?