Aftermath and Counterstrike with redalert1.com game?

BertieB

Hey. Is there any way to get the expansions to work with the redalert1.com version of red alert? It seems to be the only one I can get to work on my xp laptop.  Been playing LAN games with the xp laptop and windows 7 desktop fine but would like to play LAN games with the expansions too. I have the disks.

You're looking at it all wrong. CnCNet.exe does contain a list of common executables (I assume C&C95.exe, ra95.dat, sun.exe), but it only uses that to see whether it has to replace thipx32.dll or wsock32.dll, and to auto-detect which exe to start from that game folder.

When the game is launched by cncnet.exe, it gives an extra command line parameter to the game. The dll, being part of the game, can see these command line parameters, and switches the game to cncnet mode when it sees the one it needs (I think the parameter is the server's url).

As for whether the game is C&C95, RA95 or TS, that is of no importance at all. The dll is what the game uses to send all network traffic. Once set to cncnet mode (through the command line parameter), the dll simply sends all traffic from the game to the cncnet server instead of on the local LAN. If instead you start the game normally, it won't be set to cncnet mode, and will simply send the traffic over the LAN.

I don't understand what you mean. I just told you what dll does the sending (thipx32.dll for C&C95, wsock32.dll for RA95 (v3.03) and TS and RA2). What would you want to change?

CnCNet acts EXACTLY the same as if the people involved would be on the same LAN, so just like on the LAN, you simply have to make sure you got the same version. But there's no difference between the exe of that full RA and the one from the 3.03 patch; it's all just v3.03.

I don't understand what you mean. I just told you what dll does the sending (thipx32.dll for C&C95, wsock32.dll for RA95 (v3.03) and TS and RA2). What would you want to change?

To know if the wsock32.dll could be changed so Red Dawn could be ran on CNC Net with its own lobby.

CnCNet acts EXACTLY the same as if the people involved would be on the same LAN, so just like on the LAN, you simply have to make sure you got the same version. But there's no difference between the exe of that full RA and the one from the 3.03 patch; it's all just v3.03.

Must be somthing eles... I thought I was using a modded V3.03 but no I wasn't. I did a test run of Red Dawn on CNC Net using the expansion v3.03 from redalert.com (Before the megauploads take down) and got hit with a compat error if I tried to join a normal RA game.