What does "ROF" mean in the rules.ini?

Hi, I'm new here, I played this game as a kid, just remembered it and got it for pc and I beat it now I wanted to have a little fun and mess around with the files, I'm clueless as to what "ROF" means in the rules.ini file though. I searched EVERYWHERE on the internet and not a single person or website mentions it, I'd be SUPER grateful to know what it means as it may be just the thing to modify that I'm looking for. Thanks, I'll check back randomly I'm not sure if anyone even uses this site or still plays this game hehe.

Oh my bloody hell! I searched internet forever, just finished finding this site and clicking out of it and the rules.ini file and "Rate Of Fire" popped into my head lol tell me that isn't correct or I'll have to slap myself silly...

8 hours ago, Eisendrache said:

Oh my bloody hell! I searched internet forever, just finished finding this site and clicking out of it and the rules.ini file and "Rate Of Fire" popped into my head lol tell me that isn't correct or I'll have to slap myself silly...

I'm not exactly sure, but In RA2 that's^ what it stands for (rate of fire), I'd imagine it's the same for the predecessor.

• Upvote 1

I was reading through the file and yes it said "rate of fire" I'm so silly hah, but on another note, is it possible to cheat on the um, Campaign mode? I've noticed that changing build times and costs only affects the skirmish mode, I wanted to cheat and build faster and cheaper on the campaign for fun! :P Thanks for responding btw! Much appreciated.

Since none of the RA guys here are replying (probably too busy playing Remastered :D), my best guess is if you want to modify the single player campaign values, you'd have to open and modify each of the campaign files, which are also ini files (which are probably overriding rules.ini values), using XCC Mixer. The original campaign missions are located in

(RA1 folder) \ main.mix -> general.mix

scg....ini = Allied missions

scu....ini = Soviet missions

Make sure to back your files up before making any changes.

• Upvote 1