C&C Dawn of Tomorrow 1.2 Content Update Released

Kilkakon

The first content update for C&C Dawn of Tomorrow has been released! It includes three new missions, several fixes for existing missions, as well as a slew of bug fixes.

You can learn more and download the mod from my website, kilkakon.com/c&c

The following download mirrors are also available:
- EXE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jc6iti71tuivoax/c%26cdotsetup.exe?dl=0
- Zip: https://www.dropbox.com/s/znvdb4g47v16zrb/c%26cdot.zip?dl=0

New missions include:

• "Consicence" by Scionox. Play as the United States in this challenging mission as they seek to liberate a lost city and free a defecting scientist.
  • "The Hunt". A non-production mission where you have to take out a number of Tomorrow MCVs before they escape a mountain pass.
  • "Survivors", which incorporates a new terrain adapted from work by Tschokky. It's a brief glimpse into what life is like for the Company of Answers after the conclusion of the campaign.

hunt.png

cave.png

Other adjustments include:

• Cold Front and Checkmate have been made more challenging as they were easier than I had intended.
  • Nowhere has ownership of a few buildings changed around so the defences at the end of the level are powered.
  • Tear Gas APCs no longer disappear into nothingness when they're destroyed.
  • Mission Critical Structures are now labelled with a tooltip (thanks to Nyerguds).
  • The Propaganda Centre is no longer referred to as a Prison in FoT3 (thanks again to Nyerguds).
  • A few typo fixes and similar adjustments here and there.

Hope you enjoy the new content and have fun!

Edited by Kilkakon
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I've posted a bug fix update, 1.2a, that addresses some concerns that were raised in this or previous versions of Dawn of Tomorrow. Hopefully you weren't caught out by them! Thanks to Nyerguds for providing help with some of the more tricky ones here.

You can download the update from my website, kilkakon.com/c&c

The following download mirrors are also available:
- EXE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jc6iti71tuivoax/c%26cdotsetup.exe?dl=0
- Zip: https://www.dropbox.com/s/znvdb4g47v16zrb/c%26cdot.zip?dl=0

Changes:

• Added Questionstalk move response sound.
  • Restored Technician voice lines.
  • Questionstalks can now board Chinook Transports without being evacuated.
  • [Company of Answers Mission 4] Added failsafe victory condition to prevent soft locks.
  • [Company of Answers Mission 7] Fixed a few wall corners.
  • [Conscience] Redesigned victory condition and parts of the map to prevent soft locks.
  • [Cassandra's Host Mission 1] Restored Village Well that was inadvertently replaced with a Power Plant.
  • [Cassandra's Host Mission 3] Added several money crates to assist in the final part of the mission should funds dry up.
Edited by Kilkakon
  • Like 2

• 9 months later...

Currently Vanilla Conquer would provide portability to other operating systems as well as options that would be very difficult to implement with binary hacks such as mega map support. The fact that its source code rather that assembly hacks makes additional changes easier to implement. Infact I've made a start adding rules.ini support so making some changes won't even involve source code changes in the future.

Downsides? The save format isn't stable yet, network multiplayer isn't implemented yet and someone would need to implement any hacks to the original binary into vanilla conquer assuming they are within scope for what the project wants to achieve, otherwise they would need to be implemented in a fork supporting the mod.

Given that Vanilla Conquer can also build as a remaster dll, it would also give the possibility to implement the mod in the remaster as well for those that have it giving exposure via the steam workshop.

Edited by Blade

Thanks Blade for chiming in :)

Yeah my perceptive at this time is that I'm still working on the mod itself in its current form, the next expansion will be out this year all things going well. Hacks are still being done to the exe. So at this time it would be a lot of work to abandon the current version and redo everything, especially as things in the patch would need to be reimplemented too.

I wouldn't rule it out as happening some day, but not for the near future.

• 4 months later...