Creating a new mission

Hmm, I'm not sure if there are any guides for it, but there's an excellent mission editor for RA1, namely, RAED.

The easiest way to get started is probably to download my RAED Lite pack.

http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cncstuff/raed-lite.rar

!! WARNING !!

The mixfiles in this pack are stripped to the minimum needed to run RAED. They should NEVER be put in a Red Alert game directory.

Unrar this in a separate folder!

probably. So anyways thanks for these Nyerguds ;) umm you know, well since I just tried making my own already, I want to know what these things do for units:

Ambush, Attack, Area Guard, Capture, Construction, Enter, Guard, Harmless, Hunt, Missile, Move, QMove, Rescue, Retreat. Return, Sabotage, Selling, Sleep, Sticky, and Sop

I've only made missions for C&C95, but if I'd have to take a guess:

Ambush: Left over from Dune II. Means, rampage once discovered by the player. I doubt it still actually works in RA.

Attack: Self-explanatory. Can't be given to units in a mission as far as I know, since it needs a target.

Area Guard: Guard the area around the unit. Same as "G" ingame.

Capture: Probably the command for an engineer to capture a building. Again, would need a target.

Construction: A building performing its build-up animation. Not a valid command to give.

Enter: Probably the overall command encompassing both Capture and Sabotage. Again, would need a target.

Guard: Default command for units. Attack enemies that come in range.

Harmless: No idea. Might be an RA variety of Sleep.

Hunt: Seek out and destroy all enemies on the map, or die trying.

Missile: A missile silo performing a nuke launch. Not a valid command to give.

Move: Pretty obvious. Again, would need a target, though, so not valid for units preplaced on the map.

QMove: Not a clue.

Rescue: Might be for the Chinook evacuating a civilian. I have no idea if you can place down air units in RA maps though; in C&C you can't.

Retreat: Leftover from Dune II, where it meant 'return to original spawn spot on the map'. In D2 this was used as point to return to as part of the (very rudimentary) Area Guard command in the game.

Return: No idea. Might be for the harvester.

Sabotage: Blow up building with Tanya. Again, would need a target.

Selling: A structure performing its selling animation. Don't think structures accept any commands in the map though.

Sleep: Unit won't react to anything. In C&C this has the bug that it still attempts to crush infantry that attacks it from nearby though. No idea about RA.

Sticky: 'Sleep' until attacked. In C&C95, the unit needs to be attacked twice before waking up. Not sure how that is in RA.

Stop: Equivalent to "Guard" for unarmed units (harvester, MCV)

Does this things work like this:

Ambush - A player's Light Tank discovered 6 Mammoth Tanks and start attacking and will not stop unless the target is destroyed or killed.

Area Guard - Player's unit went to a designated area where enemy's Heavy Tank is located at. Then the enemy's Heavy Tank will attack the unit and if it move a few inches, the tank will return to its guarding state.

Am I right?

As I clearly said, Ambush is most likely obsolete, since it was made for Dune II and wasn't used in any mission in C&C1. In Dune II it was used for the Sandworms, who became active and went on a killing spree only after being discovered by the player.

Your Area guard seems to describe normal Guard. Area Guard means that the unit on Area Guard will move towards enemies inside a certain area around itself and attack them, but return to its original location if they leave that area. Really, it's just the same as when you select a unit and press "G".

Hmm. Sorry for this but I have so many questions and here's another one: What does these things do on an in-game render; Set Global, Attack Tarcom, Global is Set and Clear, Fire Sale, Temporary, Semi-Constant and Constant existence, and lastly these types.

Simple - event 1 -> action 1 [+action2],

and - event 1 & event 2 -> action 1 [+action2]

or - event1 || event 2 -> action 1 [+action2]

complex - event 1 -> action 1; event 2 -> action 2

As I said, I never made any RA missions. I have no idea. I suggest you check out the help built into the editor, and look into some existing missions to see how stuff is done there.

I also have no idea what on earth you mean with "an in-game render".

• 1 month later...

Actions

Ambush: Not used.

Harmless: Unit doesn't move or fire and is not considered a threat to the AI.

QMove: Special move to destination after all other queued moves occur.

Retreat: Run away (possibly leave the map).

Return: Not Used.

Sleep: Unit won't react to anything. Crush Bug fixed in RA1

Sticky: 'Sleep' until attacked. Only needs to be attacked once

Stop: Stop moving and firing at the first available opportunity.

Global is Set and Global Clear

Global is Set is used on SCG10EB.ini "Evidence". Global Set is used to link triggers together. Win1, Win2, Win3, or Win4 are used at one of the 4 control centers. When you have entered Win1 it will active Global is Set 1. Win2 will active Global is Set 2 and so on.

When you have entered (Win1) and (Win2) it will create Global is Set 5 (prt1). Entering (Win3) and (Win4) it will create Global is Set 6 (prt2). When Global Set 5 and 6 have been activated you win the mission. This is required by (win) to win the mission.

Global Clear is like a reset for when a Global is Set is needed to be used more than once. In SCG44EA.ini "Poland: Absolut M.A.D.ness" It works like this. When the MAD/EMP Tank moves to Waypoint 96 it will make Global is Set 9 and that will make some units like the Adv Light Tanks invincible. Right after that Trigger (glbd) will make Global Clear 9. Now every thing is reset for the next MAD/EMP Tank to make the Adv Light Tanks invincible again.

Temporary, Semi-Constant and Constant Triggers!!!

Temporary

Any linked event will cause the listed action than the trigger can't be used again by the game. Ex:

TeamType

Name:    free

Owner:    USSR

Priority: 7

Max:      0

Num:      0

WayPoint: 3

Team:    Mamoth Tank          1

Orders:  0 Move to waypoint... 4

Linked triggers: FTA1

Trigger

Name:      FTA1

Existence: temporary (any linked event -> switch, destroy)

Type:      simple (event1 => action1 [+ action2])

Event 1:  Entered by...USSR

Action 1:  Reinforcement (team)... Free

You enter Free Tank Area (FTA1) and the trigger will give you the free tank from off the map but is not used again no mater how much you try to get another one by have a guy run all over it..

Semi-Constant

Like "Temporary" but can be used more than once. Ex:

TeamType

Name:    free

Priority: 7

Max:      0

Num:      0

WayPoint: 3

Team:    Mamoth Tank          1

Orders:  0 Move to waypoint... 4

Linked triggers: kill

Trigger

Name:      kill

Existence: semi-constant (all linked events -> switch, destroy)

Type:      simple (event1 => action1 [+ action2])

Event 1:  Destroyed by anybody

Action 1:  Reinforcement (team)... free

Now you attach (kill) to say 9 Rifle Infantry. When you kill a Rifle Infantry that has the kill trigger attached to them you will get a free tank. When you kill all 9 of Rifle Infantry that had the kill trigger it will no longer be used by the game.

If this was a Temporary trigger killing 1 of the 9 Rifle Infantry will give you a free tank but killing the rest do nothing as a Temporary trigger can only be used one.

Constant

Just like the name say. Ex: Lets use the same set up as Temporary but change the trigger to Constant. You enter Free Tank Area (FTA1) and the trigger will give you the free tank and if you re-enter Free Tank Area (FTA1) again another free tank and again and again....

You can use a Constant trigger like this from SCG46EA.ini “Poland: PAWN”

Name:      qtnk

Existence: constant (any linked event -> switch)

Type:      and (event1 && event2 => action1 [+ action2])

Event 1:  Elapsed Time (1/10th min)... 150

Event 2:  Building exists...War Factory

Action 1:  Reinforcement (team)... qtnk

What this means is..

Every 15 min as long as USSR/Nod has a War/Weapons Factory a team will be a reinforced in this case a MAD/EMP Tank with orders to deploy out side of YOUR base.

I remember that there are changes possible just like.. update existing missions to add extra units to make the mission easier to play but.. to make a mission by yourself is not so easy as it looks like, also there are many things to add just like triggers and teamtypes

i ever made many extra mission for C&C 1,. only iv tried to complete a own created mission but it doesn´t work so good. i think there is a lot of time needed to making it smoothly

And without creating linked options like triggers and teamtypes the own created mission

won´t work good so take the time to fix it.!

Yes of course my man. Don't rush yourself too hard on making a campaign. Take it easy, one step at a time. Try to visualize and think were to put Structures, Units, or Infantries. If there is a mistake or bugs that affect the game, be sure to fix it or ask help at someone if you can't :D

• 1 month later...

SOMETHING WRONG IN THE  CAMPAIGN CREATING IS...

THE ENEMY AI IS THE TECH LEVEL AND THEIR IQ.

THE CAN BUILD STRUCTURES THATS NOT INCLUDED IN THEIR TECH LEVEL

I RECOMMEND EVERYBODY TO USE THE EDWIN BEFORE MAKING A MISSION

USE EDWIN TO MAKE THE MAP AND PUT ANY STUFF YOU WANT I RAED

AND NYERGUD YOU TOLD AREA GUARD IS LIKE U PRESS THE G BUTTON BUT YOU ARE WRONG

THE AREA GUARD IS MAP GUARDING THE UNIT STATED IN AREA GUARD WILL ATTACK THIER ENEMIES

IN THE ENTIRE MAP READ THIS BELOW

WHEN A RIFLE INFANTRY IS STATED AREA GUARD IT ON STAY ON ITS CURRENT POSITION

IF THE HOUSE OF THE RIFLE INF. IS ENGLAND ON YOU PUT AND STRUTURE IN THE HOUSE

OF ENGLAND TOO .IF THE STRUCTURE IS SO FAR AWAY TO THE RIFLE INF, WHEN THE

STRUCTURE IS UNDER ATTACK THE ENGLAND RIFLE INF WILL ATTACK ANY BODY WHO EVER

ATTACK THE STRUCTURE

Dude posting in all caps is a violation to the forums. I bet you're aware of it. Just use the :rant: emoticon. Only 1 to 3 words and acronyms are allowed to be posted in all caps.

THE AREA GUARD IS MAP GUARDING THE UNIT STATED IN AREA GUARD WILL ATTACK THIER ENEMIES

IN THE ENTIRE MAP READ THIS BELOW

Actually that's already considered as "Hunt". Area Guard is just sitting in and engages anyone who enters the radius of the area but it will return to its guarding state when the opponent has left a few squares.