Lobby feature suggestions

PrezSpammer

As someone who hosts quite often, it gets rather tiresome seeing players drop in only to see them immediately bail afterwards. I strongly feel as though a lot of them are doing it out of disagreement over which lobby options are enabled/disabled. What I had in mind as a way to possibly curtail a lot of this was to implement a text coding system for the game lobbies list along with an easily-accessible legend for players to check. Being that superweapons and crates are by far the most polarizing followed closely by No Yuri/France and Rebalance, maybe have it so that if the game lobby title's text is underlined, it indicates that superweapons are enabled. If the text is in italic, it indicates that crates are turned on. If "No Yuri/France" is enabled, the lobby title's text is in bold-face. If Rebalance is enabled, the text appears highlighted. As for the other options, have some sort of text color-coding system implemented depending upon which combination of options are enabled. Also, perhaps make it so that if a player right-clicks on a lobby title, it gives them a rundown of all the options that are enabled/disabled in order to further help avoid wasting everyone's time. Lastly, for hosts, could you add the ability to change the game lobby's title?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry but that would be too complicated to understand for many people. I think most of them would continue to join & leave even if new indicators were implemented, simply because that's easier.
I mean, joining & leaving is not a big deal. I would rather see people join & leave than to not see them join at all.

I persoanlly mention in the title if crates and superweapons are enabled or not, if I think that that would attract more people.
If you need to shorten "crates", you can use cr8s, crts... etc, and for "superweapons", SW.

And BTW, many people join rooms without even looking at the titles! I know that because I too often host and sometimes people ask if crates/sw...etc are enabled after the game starts! although they were waiting in the room for a while and that's usually mentioned in the title, so they could've checked the settings/read the title; so nothing would make any difference.

Pro Tip: Keep it simple. No need to tell too many info.
You want as many people as possible to join your room/game even if that's just for a moment, because people tend to join games which have more players rather than ones that're empty.

On 1/27/2023 at 12:09 AM, PrezSpammer said:

it gives them a rundown of all the options that are enabled/disabled in order to further help avoid wasting everyone's time.

TBH, the suggested indicators would be kind of confusing and more time consuming, while joining a room to check the settings takes no time.

On 1/27/2023 at 12:09 AM, PrezSpammer said:

add the ability to change the game lobby's title

I agree with you on this one. 

GLHF.

Edited by Sam-I-am