Game speed

icemanxp300

I'm just wondering if people really play with game speed set to 60 fastest. I just started playing online last week with my boys but 60 is very fast, we play at 45 speed (pretty much stock RA2 non Yuri speed). What's insane is if you skirmish a cpu it seems to go even faster, like a hard cpu will be destroying my base before I get much of anything built. Last night I created a game at 45 speed and someone joined. After the game started they changed the speed to 60 and moving my mouse a little I went crazy far, I tried to play it for about 15 seconds and just quit. I don't think people should be able to change the game speed after the game has started, especially if they did not create the game!

• Upvote 1

On 9/19/2023 at 7:03 AM, icemanxp300 said:

I'm just wondering if people really play with game speed set to 60 fastest.

Most of them actually.
Some people even play maps that are modded to increase the speed/shorten build time.

As you play, you'll get used to it.

I don't think people should be able to change the game speed after the game has started, especially if they did not create the game!

You're absolutely right. I totally agree.

This is a game setting, just like starting credits, crates, superweapons... etc.
The host should be the only one who can set the settings, and no one should be able to change anything later on. Take it or leave it.

The ability to change the speed mid-game is often abused by sore losers to ruin the game for others. It should be disabled.

moving my mouse a little I went crazy far

Two things to note:
1- Game speed and scroll rate are two different things.
2- Any player can change the speed for all, but no one can change the scroll rate for someone else.

A lower scroll rate would be better.
You can change it from client/game options.

You may wanna adjust mouse DPI as well.

GLHF :)

Edited by Sam-I-am

On 9/20/2023 at 2:37 AM, Sam-I-am said:

Two things to note:
1- Game speed and scroll rate are two different things.
2- Any player can change the speed for all, but no one can change the scroll rate for someone else.

A lower scroll rate would be better.
You can change it from client/game options.

You may wanna adjust mouse DPI as well.

GLHF :)

The faster the game speed the faster my screen moves when I move my mouse. So on 45 speed when I move the mouse around, the map moves slower as compared to when the game speed is increased to 60. My mouse sensitivity changes to be more sensitive the higher the game speed is set.