Cheater ruining ffg games

aWarNoob1

Was doing 3v3 and 4v4 ffg games on some custom maps that i'd made. They were mostly just modified official game maps with extra oil derricks , more ore, or air units disabled. I never added any trainers or anything crazy to these maps.

In a 3v3 sedona with crates disabled I noticed that one of my allies who was America made a Boris from an allied barracks. Even crazier was that he was targeting not just enemy structures but enemy tank units using migs with a distance way across from his own spawn. I then questioned him about it and he just blamed the map that I made and that he was only using the mods built into the map. This was a lie. He was going by the name Johnson. I said I was gonna report him. He said it didn't matter since he could just use a different ip and a different nickname.

We continued to try to play on various other custom maps that I made, but he continued rejoining on other nicknames. Almost every match he would freeze my miners to where I couldn't get them to mine or deposit ore. My units would also lose the ability to auto attack enemy units. There was also a ton of reconnection errors. Sometimes within the first 5 seconds of the game start. I imagine something to do with whatever mods the guy was using.

Finally I gave up playing for the day when he started freezing me and other players miners, disabled auto attack, but then also began selling other players structures for them. All day I had other players in my gameroom complaining about this guy hacking our games. I even had some people accusing me of being the cheater. I know very well that I never added the ability to do these kind of cheats on any of my custom maps. Unfortunately I wasn't able to test if this guy could also use his cheats on an official game map, but lets sure as hell hope not.

Edited by aWarNoob1
  • Like 1

I think you are the real cheater because last night, when I played with you , my tanks could not attack your units automatically. You must have cheated ! How dare you accuse another player and pretend you are innocent ? Futhermore , there are no videos or images as proof, all you are saying can be totally fictitious.

Edited by bill_gates
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bill_gates said:

I think you are the real cheater because last night, when I played with you , my tanks could not attack your units automatically. You must have cheated ! How dare you accuse another player and pretend you are innocent ? Futhermore , there are no videos or images as proof, all you are saying can be totally fictitious.

What would I gain from any of this?? I only mentioned the nickname Johnson which is super generic and could've been anybody, yet here you are outing yourself like a dumbass. Also these issues were not just affecting me. Whoever was cheating was disabling auto attack and selling structures for other players aswell. @Grant Is there anything that can be done about this?

Edited by aWarNoob1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, aWarNoob1 said:

What would I gain from any of this?? I only mentioned the nickname Johnson which is super generic and could've been anybody, yet here you are outing yourself like a dumbass. Also these issues were not just affecting me. Whoever was cheating was disabling auto attack and selling structures for other players aswell. @Grant Is there anything that can be done about this?

I think you must have cheated to cancel the auto-attack on purpose in order to dodge everyone's attack, so they had to attack your units manually then you can take advantange of that slight time difference. I remember whenever I gained an advantage in a tank battle with you, suddenly my tanks would become bugged. Screw you ! Admitting you are the real cheater is not that difficult ! 

Edited by bill_gates
  • Confused 1

I been asking for a year now for cncnet to bind usernames (to an email etc) or stop instant name changes.

Around 500 active players worldwide, and a lot of them are toxic A-Holes on a 20 year old game, behaving as if they were still 9 lol.

Many change thier game name literally daily to bash noobs, or continue thier toxic behavior (general abusive chat etc).

If cncnet is able to tell you when the user was last on (!seen command) and thier previous names (!whois command), then a few lines of code can fix this toxicity by simply limiting name changes to 1 per month. Literally 1 line of code to ensure current user name is <30 days old.

They haven't fixed basic things like this, which can stop a lot of toxicity.

Lastly regarding cheating, a lot players do it, only way to counter it (for me) is play with people you know (boring vs same players every time),  because noting the cheaters username is useless as they can change in 5 seconds 1000x daily if they want lol. 

• Upvote 1
  • Check 1

OMG how ironic someone like bill_gates chimes in on such a thread. I reported a cheater about a year and a half ago for using an all unit/prism rhino trainer. And you had the audacity to PM me and defend that player? And then YOU, bill_gates, used the same kind of cheat in one of my games not long afterwards?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, PrezSpammer said:

OMG how ironic someone like bill_gates chimes in on such a thread. I reported a cheater about a year and a half ago for using an all unit/prism rhino trainer. And you had the audacity to PM me and defend that player? And then YOU, bill_gates, used the same kind of cheat in one of my games not long afterwards?

OMG, how ironic that someone like PrezSapmmer, completely unaware of the event, considers themselves a judge and crime investigator, chiming in on the conversation between me and aWarNoob1. And you had the audacity to show up on this thread? Then, YOU, PrezSapmmer, always yell about someone cheating in the game whenever they gain an edge over you in the game, but the fact is you're just making excuses for your lack of skills.

Edited by bill_gates
  • Confused 1