Cameo icons that use remap colour

Iran

Could someone make me replacements for cameo icons that use the remap colour? E.g. just replace the power plant icon with a rectangle filled with the remap colour. I'd like to reimplement the C&C DOS logic where the icons use the colour remap of the side/colour they're playing as.

Not sure that is a good idea. Other than it would be a nightmare to do. It would also make RA impossable to mod almost when it would come to icons. You may want to try doing what was done in Tib Sun. Both GDI and Nod had there own icon mix file for shared buildings and units.

Just about every icon has yellow that is remap. That is easily seen with purple palettes. Some icons are not vary "paintable" This also messes up any mod. Every icon would have to be edited the to remove yellow from just like the RA would.

RA icon showing used remap.

RAicons.jpg.50a33cfc5a2b5c1d30483d450d09b3dc.jpg

I see, I'm actually doing this to help Pichorra with his WinDOwS graphics mod for C&C95, problem is I can't finda colour remap in the C&C95 EXE. I could just make this feature optional in RULES.INI if I decide to add it.

Would you be willing to give me a replaced Power Plant icon?

I got it working and know how to do it for C&C95 too.

The code for RA95 does this:

- Grabs the remap colour for the player's side, but it never uses it

- Has a special check if a remap colour is used and if it is it does some special considerations, but they get disregarded when the cameo icon is actually drawn.