PvPGN? Spilitted from the "Welcome New Members!" topic

pelish

Welcome pelish! I don't think we will need your code...but you are welcome to stay! :)

Why you don't think?? :) Anywas I hope that some one will be interested in testing. There are many things which need about 4-8 players. For exemple there is real chance to make RedAlert 1 v 3.03 possible to play up to 8 players (by the same way as it is possible to play Tiberian Sun).

Only one thing which I need is many testers. And btw PvPGN WOL support is going to be stable (at last I dont know about any bug for about half year).

Well AWOS has it's own code and will include WDT and Command & Conquer Sole Survivor support.

Well... the Sole Survivor will be big problem. First of all the game installed from CD-ROM is not possible to host a server. Official servers are down for a years so im not sure that you have some point where to start. Well... you can modify the list of hosted games and shows Sole Survivor game, but how to host server (handle game packets, sending it to all palyers) is lost. If there is any way which is hide for me than Im sorry, but I dont think that anyone will code reverse-engeneered server.

Well SyS has his methods, I have have no idea on how to create a game server.

If im not totally wrong that AWOL is based on DWOL (dataforce's WOL server eulator). Anyways Im not sure why you losing your time with coding some emulator when here allready is some which works, supports MySQL (and other many databases) and is in active developmant. Anyways I know SyS. He has found some mysing server-replys, and knows WOL protocols as less of people on this planet ;) Is nice that he is still interested of WOL. I wish that will make toons of good reverse-engeneering.

Regards

Pelish

Pelish look on home.dataforce.org.uk DEFORCE'S WIKI

If you notice it was i who brought up the protocol and sent them to you.

So please do not come on here attempting to cause argument's.

Dforce and i was the one's who hosted his DWOL Server/Developed it.

And me and revolt was the one who hosted the first tsun server.

ANd me and silent was on second place..

If people still presume this code i use is pvpgn, Im willing to show anybody here. live screen previews.

(Screen feed)

Via http browse.

My code.

This will be a one time oppertunity for you guy's and might just proov to people that this code is not pvpgn nor dwol.

:)

+ If i have read this subject wrong then please reply with my mistake.

-SyS

If you notice it was i who brought up the protocol and sent them to you.

So please do not come on here attempting to cause argument's.

SyS, You have found DWOL and you has tell me about it and about dataforce's wiki. Than you have also developed it.

I was only find some released sources here, which seems to me as DWOL code (at last is Delphi coded). Im sorry for makin mistake. I really dont want to cause argument's. Anyways you has also find many interesting things in PvPGN and our wiki (which is lost btw). Anyways I never say that your code is based on PvPGN.

Im just asking why you are not interested in PvPGN code which:

- supports all WOL clients (in both protocol versions -WCHAT and also TSUN/RA/emperor...)

- is much more complete

- is with DB support

Please be sure that I dont want to attack you in any point of view. Btw in my opinion in the most of our conversations you do think that.

Pelish

Hmm now i understand,

Let's take this over to msn,

I've added you on my recent dev talk msn:)

i added your email to my msn account (the one you registered to this forums with)

For now this topic is closed :)