Unite CNCnet with Reddawn? how come this hasn't happened?

Kamuix

Been unable to iron out the out of sync errors. FunkyFr3sh looked at the rules.ini and said I shouldn't have out of sync errors but I keep geting them in test. I checked the rule.ini by hand and by compare tools to make sure I didn't remove any keys from the rules.ini I did find I did remove the Secondary= from [3TNK] SelfHealing= from [4TNK] and DoubleOwned= from [E3]

This may have been the cause of the out of sync errors and I fixed them but never got around to testing. I said fark it and put all of my spare time into the single player updates.

All but the cncnet.exe is there for online play in Red Dawn 2013. If you add the cncnet.exe to the Red Dawn 2013 folder you and a friend that has done the same can play by running the cncnet.exe from the folder. Red Dawn even has it own lobby so you don't need to worry about Red Alet players trying to join your game but out of sync errors my still be there.

I wish you luck. Red Dawn 2013 has the fixes I said in my last post that may stop the out of sync errors.

I don't know if the Desert and Winter (Looks a lot like grass maps but has snow patches on the ground and snow covered tress) maps are stable or not. I would stick to Grass and Snow maps.

FunkyFr3sh.

The Red Dawn 2013 is most up to date I have but is has 2 flaws in the rules.ini. Nod Adv Light Tank [4TNK] has SelfHealing=yes when it should be SelfHealing=no and Grenadier [E3] has DoubleOwned=no repeated twice (Will this cause and OOS error?). The out of sync errors may still be in the game as the last fixes are untested.

I'm thinking it may be best to have an online verson only so I can make it a smaller download. Also are the Desert and Winter theaters stable on CnC Net? Red Dawn 2013 has about half of the maps made into Desert and Winter. If they are not stable it dosn't make since to patch Red Dawn 2013 as the rules.ini is in the REDALERT.mix that needs fixed and all of the maps are in the main.mix. The patch for online play would be just about as large as the Red Dawn 2013 is it self if I patch the rules.ini and the maps.

Alright, i will take care about those 2 flaws. Im sure some people will help testing the oos issues, i let you know if they're still present

Yes i thought about a very small download too, wanted to make it about the same size as the mini TD and RA for cncnet5 (6mb and 9mb).

Desert and winter are stable, people already made some maps and the theaters are also included with cncnet5

i will check it out today and let you know!

I did fixed both of the rules in my online only version I have going. It also has my updated interior.mix for playing interior maps but I don't know if it is stable as I can't keep the game stable (OOS errors) on normal grass or snow maps.

The online only version 100 MB installed and it has full music from C&C95 and Covert Ops. The scores.mix it self is 73.6 MB when extracted out of the main.mix

When I did test I could go past an hour most of the time while others OOSed with in the first 5. This was with 4TNK missing SelfHealing=, Secondary= and [E3] missing DoubleOwned=. These are stock rules keys I removed by mistake and only found by a side by side compare to the stock rules.ini

Even my updated interior.mix and interior map was just as stable as grass and snow maps as long as I didn't have TechLevel=-1 for the HPAD, MSLO and [General] ParabombTech=99 SpyPlaneTech=99 with in the map.

k, if it goes oos withing 5mins then its really not good :(

Well, you can maybe add all kinds of stuff to interior mix and it doesnt go oos when all other players got the same files too .. i never tested that :D My tests were different, i tested to add files while other players didnd had these files (to make sure its compatible to 3.03)