Freedom of speech issues in gaming critique

MrFlibble

I don't care about that feature

That's a bit odd, considering that the lack of vertical stretching results in all in-game sprites being displayed wrong. The fact that people who are unfamiliar with the DOS version may not notice this doesn't make it any less serious.

Anyway, you can tell about this flaw in the port directly to the other members while I'd have to register at GitHub just to report a single bug.

Yeah, the perspective looks all wrong. Don't think you got the angle right.

There's also something odd with the grass texture... as if it repeats as very small area. And I mean including the fact all the rest is x2. It still seems too small.

I'd say the new sprites could look okay if the terrain is also recreated from scratch, to match the perspective.

Also I guess that the "wrong" perspective might be exactly the consequence of using original sprites for reference without taking the vertical stretching into account.

Also I guess that the "wrong" perspective might be exactly the consequence of using original sprites for reference without taking the vertical stretching into account.

Doubtful... the terrain has the same perspective. It's just done x2.

If you want advice on the correct render angle, I'd say contact Bittah and his crew at Dawn of the Tiberium Age... they experimented with that to render new units.

I've once calculated it to 34 degrees, using the largest flat rotating unit in the game:

projection.png