Ubuntu 13.10, cant run configtool.exe

aanri2

Question

Hi, i have problem with configtool.exe. I try to run it in mono by clicking it and selecting Mono runtime. Then there is an error message: "Required data file not found, file 'ddraw.dll' cant be found in the ConfigToolFiles folder, this is a file necessary for this application to run so please restore it". I have checked that ddraw is in the folder. Does anyone know what am i doing wrong? Any help is appreciated.

3 answers to this question

dont use mono, it sucks .. use winetricks dotnet20

Ugh. Really, funkyFr3sh, it's incredibly easy to store these files INSIDE THE TOOL. Just add it to the resources. I can give you example code from CCConfig.

aanri2: the tool requires there to be some subfolder containing these files I think.

i know how to do that :D but i prefer to keep all files outside so people can customize them

i know how to do that :D but i prefer to keep all files outside so people can customize them screw them up and/or lose them.

Fixed that for you.

Really, they're the files your tool relies on. There's no reason whatsoever for users to customize those. Once they're in the game folder? Sure. But the originals the tool puts in the folder? Hell no.