Tiberian Sun Map Scroll Speed Problem

Commander A9

Question

Hello all.

I'm a longtime C&C player (started in 1997) and this is the first I've ever encountered this issue.

When playing Tiberian Sun as installed via the 1.2 installer provided by the Comm Center, I noticed that the mouse scroll rate stutters and moves very slowly when panning the map view (i.e., moving the mouse to the edge of the screen to scroll the map), even when adjusting the settings. Sometimes, it seems as though I am able to scroll faster when moving vertically versus horizontally.

However, when playing Tiberian Sun via CnCNet, the scroll speed is crisp and clean, much like what I've always been used to on the CD-installed version of Tiberian Sun.

This is the first time I've ever encountered this problem. I didn't have this issue on my previous laptop, either...

I don't think it's a rendering issue (because the games both look the same); I'm thinking it's some option or something in one of the .ini files.

Any ideas?

It's a relatively minor issue, but...it annoys me.

-Experimenting with the compatibility modes in the application's options menu causes the screen to flicker and does not fix my problem.

Rig:

HP Pavilion dv7 Laptop

Windows 7

Nvidia GeForce GT 630M

i7 processor

8 gigs RAM

4 answers to this question

The TS installer thats out right now is just an easier to install version of EA official freeware release with some extras. (which had you manually add registry entires and such). I'm making a new version which has a bunch of new fixes (the ones used in the CnCNet MP release) and CnCNet 5 installed by default and based on the original TS CD's.

If you want to take a look at the newer version (and maybe report some bugs) you can get a beta version of it here: http://tore29.com/tsins/TSinstaller3-beta8r2.exe