Creating my own soundtrack for my mod. Please answer this question!

Snijboer

So! This may be a bit offtopic here, but it still goes in the modding i guess.

What do you think it will be nicer for in my "Japanese self defense force" mod?

I know it needs a bit japanese style....but i am stuck what to do exactly...

I can go at the Traditional style. Or go modern and combine a bit of a instrument like the Koto and Taiko's

Or...ill stick to the original soundtrack from RA1 and make it bit like that.

What do you think that would fit on the JSDF mod?

Thanks!

When I hear some trance or ronroll music in RA, that makes me sick =( I think that the best music here should be industrial with some Yuki Kajiura and Ayumi Hamasaki elements... Also would like to hear some new industrial tracks in the same style like Frank K does but with better quality(if it is possible at all). Some times I think that Rammstein would do but they are a littile bit havy... The gameplay in RA for me is sparkling) like fireworks))) music should be the same)))

Go full Jpop mode, man. We need some Yuki Kajiura and Ayumi Hamasaki in there :P

Hmm....i don't know who they are but ill check them out :)

I only know some japanese bands like Capsule, Perfume or World Order.

When I hear some trance or ronroll music in RA, that makes me sick =( I think that the best music here should be industrial with some Yuki Kajiura and Ayumi Hamasaki elements... Also would like to hear some new industrial tracks in the same style like Frank K does but with better quality(if it is possible at all). Some times I think that Rammstein would do but they are a littile bit havy... The gameplay in RA for me is sparkling) like fireworks))) music should be the same)))

Sparkly fireworks, i know what you mean  8)

Alright, ill check them out for some inspiration.

Meanwhile, i made this already and i have no idea if this fits. Take a listen i guess:

http://filesmelt.com/dl/JSDF_S1_BUILDING.mp3

Well, Yuki Kajiura is someone who became famous for composing songs despite not being the singer. She did a couple of brilliant anime series soundtracks, like Noir and .hack//SIGN. Though a lot of her stuff is actually influenced by European folk music.

Ayumi Hamasaki, better known as simply "Ayu", is the undisputed Empress of Pop in Japan. Her popularity is the stuff of legends.

What do you mean with "How close does it needs to be"?  :huh:

As for the jpop, lol, I'm mostly joking here, really. Though, off the top of my head, A Song for ×× (singing starts at 1:35) and Boys & Girls are some of Ayu's real classics. For Yuki Kajiura, my favourites are Sen'ya Ichiya (1001 Nights), and quite a bunch from the album "Dream Field", for which she composed and was the keyboard player. I love the hell out of all of that album, but if I'd have to give an example, I'd probably pick Kiuko.

If you want something truly glorious and Japanese, I suggest you take a look at Christopher Tin's "Mado Kara Mieru" :)

Mado Kara Mieru OFFICIAL VERSION With Lyrics and translation

Then again, all of that album (Calling All Dawns) is breathtaking... its opening song was the only game music (title menu song of Civilizations 4) that ever won grammy awards. The album goes over a load of countries/cultures/languages, and the second song just happens to be Japanese. Though since it's meant as a showcase of the culture, the sound is Japanese, the lyrics are japanese, and the whole text is actually a bunch of haiku's ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry maybe its just my taste but, I dont understand how pop music can fit in RA =) really... that can do in Heroes of Might and Migic. Maybe some thing like "Vector" can do but not japan pop with lyriks! This can do [Cyberpunk / Industrial] The Enigma TNG - Vaden or KASSTRICK BACTERIA / MONSTER PARTY cose this looks like original RA ost. as to japan music you should look through Anime OST. Look in torrents "Best of Anime OST" There a lot of cr@p there need time to find something good.

PS. from the other hand I dont really think that OST for the mod is really important since anyone can put any music via mp3 players...

Sorry maybe its just my taste but, I dont understand how pop music can fit in RA =)

I did say I was mostly joking, there.

I think the easiest way to go here is just to use the Red Alert 3 music of the Japan side.

I agree! Better save time to do mod itself, ruther then spend time to look for a good music.

P.S. Every joke has a bit of truth ;) hehe

Sorry maybe its just my taste but, I dont understand how pop music can fit in RA =)

I did say I was mostly joking, there.

I think the easiest way to go here is just to use the Red Alert 3 music of the Japan side.

Well, yes it might be the easiest way. I think it's much more fun for me to make my own soundtrack!

Of course that will take some time though...i should first need some inspirations on what suits best for RA1.

But thanks for all of you suggestions! ill take a listen on them and hopefully get some great ideas! If this ain't working than ill probably use the RA3 Japanese side soundtrack.

But it always better to have custom soundtracks you've never heard before. And that makes it more different than the standard RA3 soundtrack.  :roll:

• 8 years later...

To start producing your own music at home, follow these steps:

Learn how to write melodie?

Learn how to write lyrics.

Download and learn how to use a DAW.

Record your song using the DAW or write the music within the DAW.

To do this, set your tempo and key.

Create a drum beat.

Add the bassline.

First off, you need to find the Rockstar folder under Documents. Then click on its subfile GTA V, then User Music. This is the folder that dictates what songs you can add.span widget
Edited by joric