CNC95 not running perfectly at Win7. Pls help!

LordMattei

Question

Hope you can help me. Im trying to play CNC95, but there are some problems. Exactly, one big. I can install the game perfectly, and its works (with the 1.06c patch) well, but has no sounds at all! No music, no intromusic, no video sounds, no menutheme, no units sounds, etc. Its just ruining the enjoy of the game.

My last 4 days was about this searching and trying everything I can for my fav. game, but you are my last hope. Pls help me! Anyway, I tried to install Nyerguds version, first decade, my official cd's, but didnt change the problem: I dont get sounds! I have win64 bit.

LordMatteo

5 answers to this question

Now thats a new issue. What version of Windows do you have? If you have Win7 or newer check if you haven't accidentally muted the game in the volume mixer or indeed muted everything. If it isn't something as simple as that find an update for your audio driver.

I have Win7 64 bit, with the newest updates (its official). I didnt mute it. But I've found something. I opened the intro video (those news-channel thing) with BSPlayer and Windows Media Player, and none of them could play it with sounds!!!

I did install directx with the game, but I cannot think sg else right now, but that Dx does not work with win7. Can be? Does somebody play with CNC95 in Win7?