Tschokky's C&C-RA (almost total) conversion

Tschokky

I figured out the helicopter ownership thing.

If you set [HPAD] Owner=nod then GDI helipads in multiplayer would also build the Apache. Likewise if Owner=gdi then in multi, nod HPADs build Orcas. HPAD ownership matters.

Here's a screenshot of MattAttack's scenario "Bushlands" (one of my personal favourites and I hope he does not mind me doing it) adapted for RA95 and 8 players. I also added the bush tiles to the DESERT theater along with the original desert river stock (WALL0001-4 and XTRA0001-13). I also have the grey sand patches (GFLR0001-2)

mattattacks_bushlands.png.89be7427d1fdb2448ae1d5aa5982ac60.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

you can probaly just use the red alert online installation and then copy/paste all your files on top

you gotta check out red dawn and do the same :) You will have to put some keys into cncnet5.ini, i think they were named CustomGameName= and CustomGameType=

rules.ini needs to be as a separate file in the game folder renamed to spawn.xdp and aftrmath.ini renamed to spawnam.xdp

You cannot use a custom ra95.exe on cncnet 5, so make sure your filenames are original so the vanilla ra95.exe can read them

Mods need to take take care of the updates of the files on their own, you will have to modify the string table to change the name of the countries from russia to gdi etc

• FunkyFr3sh changed the title to Tschokky's C&C-RA (almost total) conversion