a cncnet window...

MathDotPi

Question

its pretty hard to keep switching from game to firefox(internet browser) and to anything else, so i say we should make the browser window combined with cncnet and have instead of right clicking, buttons! 8) is that a flasher? ---> :beer: lol! :D[move]<~~~~~[/move]ohh! snake! here is what i posted on the shoutbox... guys, im working on a new window for cncnet and i also included a browser for chatting too. it should be done in... i dont know!:P all i do know is ill need your help to make it and to find out how to program c#!:) ill send the app to anyone who asks. my email is Bassmaster~965@yahoo~.com . leave out the tildas to actually reach me, i will usually reply in 1-2 days. mostly after 5.

19 answers to this question

To get started with C#:

http://csharpcomputing.com/Tutorials/Lesson1.htm

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa288463(VS.71).aspx

Go through the "C# Computing" tutorial, step by step and take your time (programming projects can take weeks when you have little experience). It will be well worth it by the end, patient endurance will get you where you want in the end.

the chat didnt work properly on early beta tests of the CnCNet Client.

but if you can do that, it would be nice.

this embedded browser is a nice idea, i guess.

very easy to code.

this cnc-comm chat should own more channels then, as you maybe do know from the C&C3 internet lobby. so players can choose any channel they want to be inside, to talk and meet before they are going to play....

:D

the chat didnt work properly on early beta tests of the CnCNet Client.

but if you can do that, it would be nice.

I'm going to try out a kind of integrated chat again at some point, but it's a big undertaking to try and get it working well

it was a joke, silly wabbit, twixies are for kids, ?

lol, off topic now...

ok please keep commenting on the window for cncnet and this will do until another one is made. also, please use chat  and forums to mention when and who will host, its hard when someone downloads it, plays with some connection problems and stops connections by constantly joining games. so, make sure that it works by testing it with someone instead of joining straight into someones game, disrupting gameplay! :(

well one hint in that aspect... if you don't see the other players after joining a game, you are have connection problems. I've had that, and when the game started I just got "Mission Accomplished" right away, because the game couldn't find any other players.

I found out that restarting cncnet or even just logging out and logging in again (by double clicking the cncnet icon) can solve these problems.

:ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

i just got €50! and this off topic, AGAIN! :P thanks for feedback, its so close to finishing...

darn it, no easy way to learn how to make buttons work... must read over and over again... still no sense... i dont want a message... open application... beam me up, god! XD :rolf: :mammoth:

(EDIT: believe it or not, i posted this at 1 or 2AM last night, so dont question my sanity.

i could barely keep my eyes open...