New Team Colours (RA1)

AchromicWhite

I haven't actually made the mod/patch yet, but I'll just leave this here so that people can talk about which ones they might like to see.

Or, if they think I could make one that fits a different feel.

Edit: For those that don't know, these are the colours which are picked up by the game to determine what the ACTUAL colours are for the team types. (the ones you select when you play a skirmish game). The final 2 colours in each row are the colours that are used for the radar.

I was actually wanting to try and make the colours actually look more like proper camo patterns, rather than red and blue etc.

http://imgur.com/vyFcP6D

-Liam

Hah. It's a bit lower quality, but yea, wasn't too bad if I remember correctly.

custom-remapped.png

Note that this was a test of me messing with the remap source (first line of the palette.cps corner), hence why the humvee is the only units that's remapped. The others, not matching the new remap source, simply aren't remapped at all from their internal yellow colour ;)

Interesting. I was thinking today. What if I took normal units, like this hummer, and used this type of tactic, so that each unit uses up LESS indices to make the full spectrum. (So use a palette similar to what you have in that green row to convert an SHP). Then, with the new freed indices, add say, 3 or 4 new colours, that are quite different, and then paint those indices onto an SHP so that it'd have a camo pattern in a new colour... and each team colour would also have a different camo colour also. So like, a desert yellow might use a brown secondary colour and a light grey might use a dark grey.

-Liam

well, C&C1's betas are seen doing something similar with 2 house colours on buildings. The question is, though, what colours you'd use... the yellow fade on the palette is kind of... there already. I used the orange fade near the end of the palette as remap source for this experiment.

Maybe the blue/brown row above the orange could work.

newremap-normalpal.png

Well, I was talking about not just replacing a remap with a non remap, but actually using a conversion to make each SHP use LESS of the remap than it's already using. Like, see how your green colour scheme is essensually using less colours but still using all of the indices? well, convert SHPs to be using only that, and then use the now unused extra indices as a totally new colour, so that buildings and units can have a small range of extra colour.

-Liam