funky you broke the mammoth mk2

UltATK

well, i dont know what it could be... already looked around :/ i will just turn things off one by one and upload them until it is gone

Maybe it was always like this and i never noticed lol. also, would be cool to have tiberian sun music back in the game.

not doing damage the way it should

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3XhLqkgWj4

Hi, there is a little detail that stops the railgun from doing damage and it is the terrain elevation. Basically you were shooting from an higher terrain than the terrain from the barracks itself, that slope near thet barracks is blocking the railguns from going to it. So for the best use of the railgun always use MMK2 on plain terrain and in few cases the weapon can damage with higher or lower terrain because it isn't blocked by the terrain.

i removed some stuff anyways :D you can install the music via settings/game settings

Wow... I have music now. Is there a way to make railgun not affected by cliffs? that mammoth is supposed to be taller than titans. It shouldnt have a prob shooting over a hill.

Hunter_seeker_human_Wolverine_Titan_Mammoth_MK2.jpg

it should still damage the refinery :) it is a bug for sure, but dunno if it was always there or not

Nope. It was shooting over the passable part of the refinery.

Wow... I have music now. Is there a way to make railgun not affected by cliffs? that mammoth is supposed to be taller than titans. It shouldnt have a prob shooting over a hill.

Shooting over a hill wasn't the issue. From the Mammoth's point of view, the infantry, which is much smaller, was hiding behind a hill. It shouldn't have been able to hit them there, no.

it should still damage the refinery :) it is a bug for sure, but dunno if it was always there or not

Nope. It was shooting over the passable part of the refinery.

Shooting over a hill wasn't the issue. From the Mammoth's point of view, the infantry, which is much smaller, was hiding behind a hill. It shouldn't have been able to hit them there, no.

I'm pretty sure the passable part of the refinery takes damage. I saw this same thing happen earlier with it shooting through the barracks and the barracks not taking damage. and lol at "hiding" behind thee hill. again, other units have no problem hitting units behind a hill and since the mk2 is taller than all other units it should be the best at it. I think its just a railgun bug. but maybe thats just my opinion. Devil's tongue and railgun both have problems with hills. Although I've also seen the commando's weapon hit hills. Quite frankly I think us TS players  see it as a game engine problem more than a feature. if the railgun damaged the ref but failed to damage the targets i was attacking I would have just agreed that the hill blocked the shot and thats something im used to as it does make some sense.

I'm fairly sure non-ballistic tanks like the tick and the titan have exactly the same issue. And if they don't, it's because Westwood was lazy and made them instant hit instead of making the projectile travel its way to its target like it does in C&C1/RA1. To compare, that'd be the same bug that allows minigunners in C&C1 to shoot over walls, while tanks can't :P