Red Alert 1 issue

KAM

Hi guys, what's up

I recently had a problem with the Red Alert 1 games. Simply, I want to enter a game, and when I hit "Launch" (In skirmish mode) or when the host launches the game on internet based games, it takes around 1 minute for the game screen to open. This obviously makes online games not worth playing anymore, but it was working fine before. Of course, I have the infamous OS Windows 8 (much to my dismay).

If someone could give me some info regarding the error, I'd be eternally grateful. I'd like to start playing once more.

With respect,

KAM

I re-downloaded your version and re-installed. Still have the same issue. Permitted on firewall, turned most applications off, and still the same problem. If it weren't for online play, this would only be a minor issue for me. I await further information on this problem :(

And OF COURSE it's a trivial issue such as playing around with certain aspects of the main executable. It now works, here's what I did:

For those with the same problem, I put the application into windowed mode, (Right click properties on ralauncher95.exe, shortcut tab, type "-win" after the file path, should look like this or similar "C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Alert\RA95Launcher.exe" -win, press ok). Also put compatibility mode on for windows 8 (right click on ralaucher95.exe, compatibility tab hit "run this program in compatibility mode for" and hit your OS). Keep in mind it was for win 8, so it may not work for you if you have a different OS  ;)

Also did a full reboot just to be sure :D

Big respect to Nyerguds and Funky for your clever suggestions, thank you both, I appreciate it.

With respect,

KAM