Tiberian Dawn: The First Strike

Bfranx

You may have seen this post: http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=3270.0

Well I didn't know it was posted until today. So I'm a little late, but I thought I would introduce our project regardless.

Tiberian Dawn: The First Strike is a free, standalone, first and third-person shooter based on Westwood Studios' classic real-time strategy, Command & Conquer. Control one of the many units from the original game, and defeat your enemies in an epic base-oriented combat environment built on the beautiful Unreal Engine 4.

You can view our page here: http://www.indiedb.com/games/tiberian-dawn-the-first-strike

Logo Designer

We are looking for individuals who are capable of creating logos for our game, our company, and our website.

3D Artist, Unwrapper

We are looking for individuals who are capable of creating 3D models and/or preparing 3D models for texturing and/or animation.

Programmer

We are looking for individuals who can help create the backbone of our game. The game is going to be on Unreal Engine 4 so experience with C++ is required.

Texture Artist

We are looking for someone who can texture models that have been unwrapped and/or unwrap them if they are not already.

Concept Artist

We are looking for individuals who can take references from the original Command & Conquer and make them into concepts that can be more easily used by our 3D artists.

Please keep in mind that we are not accepting freelance applications.

This is an excellent opportunity to improve your overall skill and expand your portfolio for use in future applications. You will be appropriately credited for any of your works that we use.

If your application is accepted then you will be given all the time that you deem necessary to complete your project, but a weekly check in is required unless an acceptable reason is given.

Help make our dream and reality and bring a true Tiberian Dawn experience to the FPS world!

Thank you for your consideration, and we look forward to working with you!

Sincerely,

Bfranx and the Firestorm Productions Team

• 2 weeks later...

I'd always wanted to see the game play out much like Battle Field, rather than trying to emulate RTS, as I felt that RTS was a way of emulating a war game as a commander, in the same way that many FPS are ways of emulating being a soldier.

Would be cool to see several game types.

Of course, all this would come after 3D models/textures etc. I hope you find some people to help. I'd love to see TD finally get the real FPS style game it deserves.

-Liam

I'd always wanted to see the game play out much like Battle Field, rather than trying to emulate RTS, as I felt that RTS was a way of emulating a war game as a commander, in the same way that many FPS are ways of emulating being a soldier.

Would be cool to see several game types.

Of course, all this would come after 3D models/textures etc. I hope you find some people to help. I'd love to see TD finally get the real FPS style game it deserves.

-Liam

I've actually been thinking about having game modes other than the Renegade C&C mode. Here's a rough list:

Capture the Flag Mode: This mode is pretty self-explanatory. Each base will have a flag, and the team that captures their enemy's flag a set number of times will win.

Mobile Headquarters Mode: The Mobile Headquarters was a unit in Tiberian Dawn that appeared only for this mode. The team that destroys their enemy's Mobile Headquarters is the winner. The specifics would have to be different than they were in Tiberian Dawn, as both teams began with random vehicles and units, but I still think it could work with some tweaking.

Sole Survivor Mode: Sole Survivor was a game where players could pick any unit from Tiberian Dawn and run around the map collecting crates that will either heal them, or improve their firepower, speed, range, rate of fire, or armor. When the match time ran out, the player with the highest number of kills won. It's a little bit more luck than it is skill, but I think it would be fun.

Commander Mode: Each team will begin with a Mobile Construction Vehicle and the match will play out similarly to C&C mode with base building. Each team will elect a commander to oversee the construction of their base, but the commander can be voted out at any time and replaced. Build times would more than likely be shortened for most structures, and a team credit mechanic would be introduced in addition to the usual player credits. Team credits are what the commander will use to build structures and harvesters, and the team credits will increase with each harvester drop just as the player credits do. A cap would be placed on structures and harvesters, but other than that the bases would result from the choices of the commander.

You could do some sort of control points mode, 3 or 5 points scattered across the map you must take and hold, gaining, say, 1 point for your team every 5 seconds you hold one, and the first to 200 or 300 points or whatever, really, wins.

Also, an attrition gamemode: you get a select number of attrition points, and you have to destroy the enemy with the points you are given, but here's the twist. Whatever you use costs a certain amount of attrition points, so if you die then you lose these points, so a rifleman might cost just a few attrition points while a mammoth tank costs dozens so you must use what you have wisely.

You could do some sort of control points mode, 3 or 5 points scattered across the map you must take and hold, gaining, say, 1 point for your team every 5 seconds you hold one, and the first to 200 or 300 points or whatever, really, wins.

Also, an attrition gamemode: you get a select number of attrition points, and you have to destroy the enemy with the points you are given, but here's the twist. Whatever you use costs a certain amount of attrition points, so if you die then you lose these points, so a rifleman might cost just a few attrition points while a mammoth tank costs dozens so you must use what you have wisely.

I like these ideas. More game modes are always a good thing.

I'd really like to see a mode like the original BF1942, where you'd both be moving across a map taking flags that can be used to spawn from etc. And just have some vehicles that re spawn, that can be used.

C&C is nifty, in that, you can have vehicles being purchased and so on, but you can also have modes where you just have them etc, as the world itself is rich enough to allow anything you can think of, in HOW you want the gameplay to work out.

You could even have an extended mode with some of the unused units shown in cut scenes, such as the jet planes.

I'd really like to see a mode like the original BF1942, where you'd both be moving across a map taking flags that can be used to spawn from etc. And just have some vehicles that re spawn, that can be used.

C&C is nifty, in that, you can have vehicles being purchased and so on, but you can also have modes where you just have them etc, as the world itself is rich enough to allow anything you can think of, in HOW you want the gameplay to work out.

You could even have an extended mode with some of the unused units shown in cut scenes, such as the jet planes.

I like the idea of a BF1942 style mode, that game was a lot of fun.

We do plan on using the jets, but the maps will have to be a little bit bigger than other C&C FPS games.

• 1 month later...

Infantry looking good, just the right amount of artistic license while not going over the top. I like how they all still look like modern soldiers :)

Keep up the good work :D

-Liam

Thanks for the support! We'll try to keep it coming.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...